Buy Frugal Toilet Paper at a Restaurant Supply Stores

Buy your toilet paper in bulk from online restaurant overstock suppliers. You can get 96 rolls of toilet paper for .67 a roll. Most are double ply, so if you turn one roll into two rolls, you can get 192 rolls of toilet paper for under $65!

By Beka from Catoosa, Oklahoma

Where would there be a savings if you end of having to pay shipping costs?

The shipping was included in that price

i have found most of them to be too thin even with 2 ply which makes you end up pulling more off the roll

The number of rolls ot TP or Paper towels doesn't mean anything. It's the sq footage that enables you to fairly compare the value.

You also have to be realistic. If someone in the family prefers nice thick double to triple ply TP; you aren't saving as much as you think by getting the super cheap transparent stuff. True it's better if you have a septic tank but you use 2-3 times as much more of the thinner stuff than the thicker ones.

Also BEWARE the paper towels that have larger sheets. You waste tons more of those (and thus buy more and more) than you would on smaller sized sheets.

Beka, that's a good idea!

I know that restaurant type TP is more durable and stretches much further than all the expensive thick and softy types we usually buy in a store which actually have much less tissues per roll.

For me, it would be silly to buy in bulk because I have no place to store it and I live alone so it would take over a year to use that much so what I do is wait for sales on the regular old fashioned durable Scott Tissue (not the new soft one they make ) or Walgreens four per pack 'Big Roll' brand because even when it's not on sale it's only $3.79. Both the Scott and Big Roll are 1000 sheets per roll.

Your idea is perfect for a family and /or those who have a place to store the extra and it's nice to know the shipping is free :-)

Will pass the word on to family and friends :-)

I also live alone and it would take me a long time to use that much up, but you could go in with a few of your friends or neighbors and buy in bulk then divide it...since rolls of tp are short and round you could certainly find a place in a shallow flat box to store it, like under your bed...I go to Sam's Outlet and buy in bulk which is in town...and find that in the long run I do save money by buying that way...

I actually live alone too but am getting creative as to where to store something like this because the idea of only making one frugal purchase a year appeals to me.

we prefer the soft, plushy TP...so i am not frugal when buying it.

i have noticed that when using the cheaper, thinner TP..we use many more sheets than the plushy stuff. no savings there for us!

Oh I should have added that and my personal research into this is actually for 100% recycled or tree-free products (so by nature are a bit more expensive than the supermarket brands) and does include shipping and tax. Bulk prices are still far better than your normal grocery store trips (even not counting gas).

As an aside, buying in bulk and/or on the Internet has been far less expensive for me, including taxes and shipping due economies of scale; Internet stores do such high volume they can be far less expensive than local stores that have to charge more per unit to stay in business.

I am frugal in some many, many ways. But the one thing I will not skimp on is decent toilet paper. The thin paper is not my cup of tea as you end up using twice as much so how do you end up saving? It's not for me.

How do you turn one roll into two? It seems that it would take a lot of work. time, or maybe just a saw????

Using this type of toilet paper is not always good for the commode. For a year I used this kind of paper, never imagined it could cause a problem. My commode began to stop up frequently. It was this kind of paper. Commodes in resturants and other such business is made differently(thicker)for those kinds of places because of the commodes are different from home commodes and get more usage than the average home commode.

A more accessible solution is to buy from Staples.com. They often have 2-for-1 sales on toilet paper. The last time I bought toilet tissue from them, each roll came out to 50 cents each with the 2-for-1 deal and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Note that s/h was free since it came out to more than $50. The Marcal Premium Recycle Tissue itself was 2-ply, lint-free, very absorbent and strong -- so much so that we only use 3-4 sheets per "wipe." And it's made from 100% recycled material without bleach, dyes or perfume -- features that usually cost more. The tissue was definitely softer than restaurant brands.

http://www.staples.com/office/suppl ... 10051&langId=-1&fromUrl=home

I ALWAYS by premium or Walgreens brand of soft, absorbant 2 ply TP when it's on special. Their monthy coupon booklet has coupons that bring the double, 2 ply roll to a cost of between 45 & 50 cents a roll. No shipping or large storage space necessary.

This was my storage idea for lots of rolls of bathroom tissue when we buy in bulk to save money. This use to be a quilt display rack which was 4 times wider and just plain brown wood. I bought it in a yard sale for $8 and saw it as a storage bin for something so I cut down the main innner wooden pieces (slates) and used my electric staple gun to put them on but at a slanted angle then painted it white and then hand painted on my design. I first used it as a umbrella holder but then found it more useful to hold bathroom tissue rolls. It will hold up to 15 rolls when stacked inside by the one /two/one stack method. My bathroom is rose theme so it works perfect for it.

You can also buy it from Hotel Motel Supply company. When you are buying toilet paper you need to be aware. Make sure it's virgin material. Make sure it's easy to dissolve. And 2 ply it's a must. Only time they will start clogging, is when you have bought something cheap, recycled. Made in China stuff is only as good as what you want to pay for it. I have been using 96 rolls deal for a while haven't had a problem yet.

What could be cheaper than buying Walgreens Big Roll at 50 cents per roll when they're on sale at 10 rolls for $5.00? It's good, full size paper, too. Who has room for 96 rolls?

Exactly. I only buy them when they're on sale!

I actually get Quilted Northern at 46 or 47 cents a roll. The trick is to buy warehouse damaged boxes. The toilet paper isn't damaged.

Being as it is 2ply...would this affect a septic system in the wrong way...i was told to use 1 ply...

Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersFebruary 27, 2009
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties
🎄