Chili Recipes

Can someone please give me a recipe for chili? Thanks.

By roadgypsygranny from Atmore, Al

I use my family chili recipe handed down four generations.

Cincinnati Chili (where my g.grandmother lived)

2 lg. cans Franco American Spaghetti

1 large cut up onion

4 cans dk red kidney beans

4 cans tomatoes (I prefer stewed)

2 lbs. ground beef (cooked and drained)

Sugar to taste

In one large kettle, add all ingredients and stir together. Cook until onions are clear.

If you use stewed tomatoes, it has bell peppers in it and that tastes extra good which is modifying the recipe to suit myself. I add sugar to taste in my own bowl as some members of family likes to add chili powder for variety in their own bowl. The leftovers are even better the next day.

This a chili recipe that my mom handed down to me and everyone loves it! What's even better is that it is so easy and the ingredients are simple:

3 cans of beans of your choice (15 oz. and you can even substitute canned corn for one of them, I prefer dark red kidney beans)

2 15oz. cans stewed tomatoes

15oz. can tomato sauce

pinch of red chili pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)

1- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef

1 onion

2 tbsp. chili powder (you might need to add more so do a taste test)

salt to taste

Cook hamburger and onion in deep pan. Reduce heat to simmer and drain fat. Add salt and chili powder. Add beans, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce and stir. Let simmer. If the sauce is too thin, I bring it to a boil and add cornstarch.

Enjoy!

1 lb. Ground Beef and 1 large Onion. Brown then add 1 6 0z. can tomato paste and fill that can with 3 cans water. 1 tbsp. Chili powder, salt to taste and spaghetti spices. Cook till thick and then add 1 can Red Kidney Beans. Quick and easy. I serve over Rice or Elbows. My mom always doubled the recipe and had first with rice and a few days later over elbows. Delish. Quick and Easy.

This is our favorite. Brown ground beef, adding in chili powder and cumin to taste. You can saute your diced onions in with ground beef if you want.

Put browned meat into crockpot along with 2 big cans of tomato sauce, one can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos, 3 to 4 cans mild chili beans, package of chili-o, more cumin and chili powder till right taste for your family. Let simmer in crockpot 2 hours on high 4 on low till tastes have melded.

I think my Mom's is the easiest of all, and I love it. I serve it with rice, spaghetti, or plain in a bowl with cornbread.

Brown 1/3 to 1 pound ground beef, then drain and rinse with hot water to take away all fat. I use less, Mom used more.

You can also chop and saute an onion, that's optional. Add one can of chili beans (same aisle, same price as other beans, sometimes marked "beans in chili gravy") and one can of chopped tomatoes.

Cook till it's all hot and you're ready to eat. Try this one, I think you'll like it. A friend of mine just mixes the chili beans and the tomatoes, then adds rice. No meat at all.

I would like to thank everyone for the delicious chili recipes. Will try all of them once, then see which one(s) fit my family the best. Thanks so much.

A bowl of homemade chili in a yellow bowl.
Homemade Chili Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican AdviceAugust 18, 2009
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
A large pot of chili, ready for canning.
Canning Chili
Stuffed Red Chili Peppers
Stuffed Chili Pepper Recipes
🎄