16th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys

Planning a birthday party for teenagers can be challenging. This guide is about16th birthday party ideas for boys.

August 28, 2015 Flag

My 16th birthday is coming soon, but idk what to do. I am a boy and I want 20 people to come to my birthday. We have a small house and are low on funds. Please help on ideas. I want it to be fun.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I want a swimming pool party

you must plan games not bother about snacks or gifts just call friends and take them to any open area .

April 17, 2007 Flag

My son's birthday is on April 24th and he invited his three friends to go to Kings Dominion for the weekend but 2 confirmed that were going. Then, one cancelled the day before the trip and the other didn't want to be the only one to go. IT WAS A DISASTER!

I felt so bad for my son. Anyways, we still went to the park with the family. I want to give his friends another chance and I want to do something for my son for his 16th. Please give me some ideas! I would like to do something this Sat. 4-21

Magali from Virginia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well, my birthday is in a week, and seeing how two of my friends are turining 16 the same week as me, we merely just booked a place for dinner and split the cost of a limo bus to drive us around downtown toronto for two hourse partying.

My son's 16th birthday is in a week and I have booked him a movie theatre for 2 hours where he can play x-box with his friends on the big screen. The food and drinks are cheap and he gets to have fun with all his friends and play games which is what he loves to do in his spare time. This way he gets all his friends in one place and they all get to have fun together. The price is a little expensive but he only turns 16 once!!!!

January 16, 2008 Flag

I need help with some party ideas for my son that is turning 16 in February. He says sweet 16 parties are not just for girls. My problem is I have no ideas and every party we have tried to give him no one shows up for it.

annmariereinig from Beaverton, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am looking for a boy who is ready to be 16 but he didn't want this big party just wants friends over.

What do I do?

If he is still having trouble making friends, try having posters placed around school for a summer party and go all out.

March 27, 2011 Flag

My 16th birthday is coming up in May and I don't know where or what to do. I don't want a party because I would prefer it to be just me and my closest friend. Any ideas or suggestions with places to go on the sunshine coast or Brisbane area? Thankyou.

By Ashleigh-rose from Sunshine Coast, QLD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hey, I'm DeMarius. I'm turning 16 this month. I still don't know what to do. Help me please. I just want it to be fun.

I am tuning sixteen on the 13/6/2012 and I am planning a party for my sixteen. I do not no where i what it to be. I feel like a Hollywood style. So, what can I do.

by Natasha Blake

September 9, 2008 Flag

I need assistance to plan a Boy's 16th birthday, Asian themed (not a 'sweet' 16). Decorations and games need to be cool, not child-like. What do 16 year olds want to do? He recently relocated and wants to make an impression of not being too dorky. I thought of hiding clues in fortune cookies to find presents? I'm making a cake shaped like Chinese take out and sushi sides (cake). Serving General Tao chicken and rice. It's an afternoon party in October 08.

Robin from Milford, CT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would do a red and black color scheme, maybe some suitable music in the back ground. The idea of lanterns is good. Or you can go retro and show countless Bruce Lee movies or the Kung Fu TV show (I know its on video), if only because the bad acting is hysterical. Most teens don't do an activity, it's more sitting around, talking, listening to music, watching a movie, acting cool. Hope you have a great time!

If your 16 year old wants to be cool, then it is a really good idea if he plans his own party with limited parental involvement.

September 21, 2013 Flag

My birthday is December 26th, the day after Christmas, that sucks because everyone will be home relaxing and enjoying their time with their family. I don't know what I should do. Can you please help me/give me options?

By Sheldon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Since it's on the 26th, why not wait a few days and have a big New Years party, that way, you can have all your friends together and it will be a cool way to open the year I guess.

September 3, 2013 Flag

My best friend is having his 16th birthday party after delaying it for way too long. I'm a girl so it's going to be a mixed party, but the thing is he's not into huge parties and the social aspect of things. He's more academic and his mother is not exactly open to him socializing and being out of her site for anything. Any ideas?

By Kendyll S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is there some sort of game that you all like to do? Teens I know enjoy playing games such as Monopoly or Trivial Pursuit. Perhaps you could have a games night (or afternoon) followed by a roasting wieners around a campfire and cake? What about minigolf? You do not have to have a big crowd -- six people including yourself and the birthday boy is enough for a start, and might be easier for him if he is not used to socializing and his mom is overprotective. Perhaps taking in a movie with a group followed by pizza at a favorite restaurant?

April 13, 2013 Flag

I'm turning 16 soon and I want to throw a party for a bunch of friends. Please help me. I need ideas, party themes, anything is helpful. Please. Think big! Thanks.

By Daniel F.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What about a 50's diner/sock hop theme? You could even ask your guests to come dressed to fit the theme. Party supply stores have a lot of inexpensive things to help decorate.

March 28, 2013 Flag

My son is having his 16th birthday in a couple of of weeks, and I want to do a Skyrim themed party. Any ideas on decorations? I am thinking of making him a PS3 controller cake. I am having a hard time finding anything on the internet. Any ideas and help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

By Tanyisha H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are dragons in Skyrim. I recently saw online somewhere a dragon cake...Look for dragon anything... Here is a site that can give you some major ideas for a Skyrim Party Just searched on google

http://www.ques  skyrimparty1.asp

I hope this helped :) Enjoy your party it should be a blast.

Dahart

December 21, 2010 Flag

My son is turning 16 on New Years Eve! In the past we have delayed his celebration so friends will be in town, etc., but this one we can't. He does not have his license yet so we are not doing the car thing. Any suggestions?

By Marnina from Santa Barbara

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't think all kids need a car on their 16th birthday, so kudos to you.

I'm not that familiar with California, is Santa Barara warm all year 'round? You might just have an outdoor party with his friends and a dj. Kids love parties with dancing, cake decorating contests, etc.

You could set up an area where kids can take pictures of themselves and their friends for memories.

Have fun!

November 17, 2014 Flag

What are some good party ideas for a boy turning 16?

By Ivana

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 24, 2014 Flag

I want to have a birthday bash and I want it to be a big one, but it's at my care home in Leeds and I only have a limited budget. Should I just order a hall?

By Paul from Seacroft UK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 10, 2014 Flag

I have no idea what kind of party I want for my 16 birthday party. It's on the 27 of September. Do you guys have any suggestions?

By Stefan A.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 12, 2014 Flag

My birthday is coming up in May and I'm not sure what I wanna do for my birthday. Like I want to do something like with me and some of my friends, but I'm not sure what to do. There's so many things that I could do that I can't figure out what I want to do. Any suggestions?

By Daniel from Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 11, 2013 Flag

My parents are gonna throw me a party when I turn 16. It's gonna be exactly on my birthday. I want a party with family and friends. I need ideas for the party. Please help!

By Michael M.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 27, 2011 Flag

I am turning 16 on Sunday and want to have my party this Friday. I have no idea what I want to do, but I want it to be just me and about 12 girls. I want it to be fun, but don't know where to have it, and I don't want it at my house. Please help.

By Paige from MN

Answers:

Looking For Places To Go On My 16th Birthday

You could go to a skating rink, have a picnic in a nearby park, go to a ball game or a movie together. Even just go out to dinner at a place you can afford. (09/07/2010)

By redhatterb

I like redhatterb's ideas. If you are adventuresome girls, you could give paintball or laser tag a try!

Personally, I'd go for a movie and then either ice cream cake at a Dairy Queen, or pizza and cake at a pizza place. Let the restaurant know you are coming for a birthday party so they will reserve a table, and order the cake ahead of time. Most restaurants will get one for you. And having the parade of cake with sparklers and singing waiters from the kitchen is always a hoot! (09/10/2010)

By louel53

Pizza party is good, do you have a Chuck E Cheese? (09/10/2010)

By knitter926

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 21, 2010 Flag

I have 5 kids, all of whom have their birthdays between January and April (twins included, who want separate parties this year, double whammy), so I am definitely on a budget.

My oldest, because he's the oldest, has kind of got the minimum the last few years and is turning 16 in April. I would really like to do something special for him. Anyone have any ideas? Also, his birthday is April Fools Day if that sparks any thoughts.

By momof5 from British Columbia, Canada

Answers:

Son's 16th Birthday Party Ideas

When my son was turning 16, we asked him what he wanted to do for a party. He really didn't have anything in particular so we gave him $100 for him and a few of his friends to go out for pizza and to a movie. Of course in Iowa, you can drive at 16 so this was a big deal to go by themselves.

The other thing you could do is arrange for a sitter for your other kids and tell your son you are taking him to dinner. Have some of his friends already at the restaurant and have a little surprise party for him. You could also do this at your house if you wanted. Good luck! (02/16/2010)

By CRMom

Son's 16th Birthday Party Ideas

Paintballing with friends
Movies with friends
Beach bday with boogie boards packed lunch and let the boys run around (02/17/2010)

By staygolden

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 7, 2010 Flag

My 16th birthday is coming up and I really don't know what to do. I want to spend the day with my friends but I don't know where to take them or what to do so that we can enjoy ourselves.

Ashleigh in Bracknell

Answers:

Bowling, miniature golf, the beach, picnic in the park, serve others by volunteering for Habitat for Humanity or a food bank. If it's all girls, go to a real tea house where you can order tiny sandwiches and drinks.

Have a traveling party. Go to one house for appetizers, another for salad, another for the main course, another for dessert, the last for a movie and snacks.

Go to one of those pottery shops where you pick an item, a plate, a mug, etc. and then you paint it. They fire it up and you pick it up another day.

Take a belly-dance class together. Or Tai Chi. Or Aikido. (09/10/2004)

By rabbithorns

I'm not sure where Bracknell is, but they have these great places called Gameworks. You buy a ticket and it's a sort of adult arcade. As in no one under 16 allowed in, and unless you're 21 you get booted at midnight. But they have great food, live bands and pool, arcade games, simulated roller coaster rides...it's like an indoor amusement park. And it's all for one price so no surprises. I hope this helps. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (09/10/2004)

By Suzanne S.

RE:Great places to go!

It depends where you are, for example America, Uk, etc. You can have a beach party, sleep-over (they're the best), amusement park, pool party, etc. Or if you want real fun, then go to a big amusement park with lots of friends and family. Afterward, go to a pizza place and then at the end, gather a few friends for a sleepover around your house with lots of popcorn drinks etc. and watch a great movie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (10/13/2008)

By UK Princess

Go shopping, see a movie, stay at your house and have some fun, or do something that you all like to do. (02/13/2009)

By Katie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 16, 2010 Flag

It's my son's 16th b-day at the end of March. We've talked about having a DJ and/or karaoke. Any ideas?

Charless from Indiana

Answers:

Son's 16th Birthday Party Ideas

If he and his friends would enjoy it and you have a way to buy or borrow it, the "Guitar Hero" video game seems pretty popular, although I've never tried it.

I do like your idea of doing the DJ and karaoke thing. I just hope your son and his friends aren't shy or self-conscious! (01/10/2009)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 17, 2007 Flag

We got our son a really nice truck for his 16th birthday! He has no clue. He does not want a party. I like the scavenger hunt ideas, but we live out in the boonies. There is a small center in our small town that I rented out for our daughters 16th birthday, but he doesn't want to do it. How am I supposed to surprise him with a truck in front of all our family and friends if he wants no part of it?

I thought about renting the center anyway, and having a simple boring dinner... but then what? I was all excited about giving him this truck, but he is ruining it! Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Teena from Boonies in Indiana

Answers:

Party Ideas for My Sons 16th Birthday

A 16 year old boy really may not want a party. Give him a small gift wrapped box with the truck key inside and the directions to where it is parked. If you want you can enclose a small metal pickup in the box for a keepsake. (01/17/2007)

By Lois

Party Ideas for My Sons 16th Birthday

Why don't you take him to dinner, or lunch, somewhere nice , but not too costly, then give him a wrapped gift box, with some clues in it -- and tell him he has to find his real present using the clues in the box! Tell him he can invite friends to help him look or do it with family. (01/17/2007)

By Rosa

Party Ideas for My Sons 16th Birthday

Take him out to eat the night before his b-day, maybe a pizza place. Ask just a few of his friends to show up about 15 min after you have been seated. Let them join in,be sure to sit by a window that he has a clear view outside. Have someone drive up with his truck at the window with a big bow and a huge tag [a poster board] for him on the windshield.And just wait till he notices. Let the pizza place or whatever place know the plan ahead. Then he can drive around on his b-day showing off his new truck, that he got at his small surprise party. He would not expect anything the night before his b-day. (01/17/2007)

By boobaboo

Party Ideas for My Sons 16th Birthday

PLEASE don't ambush your son with a party or a hunt that he doesn't want. Isn't the main idea to delight him, rather than to arrange a public display for your gift? This is HIS day, and if you respect his wishes for privacy, it is sure to remain one of his most treasured memories. (01/18/2007)

By Doggy

Party Ideas for My Sons 16th Birthday

Let him celebrate his birthday however he wants - you'll just ruin the excitement and appreciation if you go against his wishes just to please yourself. You must be a generous and loving parent to even think of giving such a gift, so please keep that giving spirit and find a way for him to really enjoy his special day. He's going to be surprised no matter how many people are there. You should be happy enough with the surprised look and joy on his face and not the reactions from anyone else. (01/19/2007)

By Anon

Party Ideas for My Sons 16th Birthday

Maybe get him tickets to a concert? Get him something so he can bring a friend(s). Than while he's at the concert get all his friends over at the house and stuff and be ready to surprise him, I just turned 16, and i said i didn't want a party, but i totally did. (02/05/2007)

By Misty Schuler

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 15, 2007 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdaySeptember 16, 2012
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Cake with a 13 candles on it.
13th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
16th Birthday Cake
16th Birthday Gift Ideas for Boys
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 8:22:46 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.