16th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys

Planning a birthday party for teenagers can be challenging. This guide is about16th birthday party ideas for boys.

16th birthday cake.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 17, 2007 Flag

My son's birthday is on April 24th and he invited his three friends to go to Kings Dominion for the weekend but 2 confirmed that were going. Then, one cancelled the day before the trip and the other didn't want to be the only one to go. IT WAS A DISASTER!

I felt so bad for my son. Anyways, we still went to the park with the family. I want to give his friends another chance and I want to do something for my son for his 16th. Please give me some ideas! I would like to do something this Sat. 4-21

Magali from Virginia

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My son's 16th birthday is in a week and I have booked him a movie theatre for 2 hours where he can play x-box with his friends on the big screen. The food and drinks are cheap and he gets to have fun with all his friends and play games which is what he loves to do in his spare time. This way he gets all his friends in one place and they all get to have fun together. The price is a little expensive but he only turns 16 once!!!!

I'm a mother looking for some good ideas on a nice black & white, suit & tie. kind of affair. Limo n all. Need some good ideas. Although he won't turn 16 until Oct. of next year. Trying to plan early. Thanks in advance to all.

Read More Answers...

August 28, 2015 Flag

My 16th birthday is coming soon, but idk what to do. I am a boy and I want 20 people to come to my birthday. We have a small house and are low on funds. Please help on ideas. I want it to be fun.

Does your area have a local park? You could make it a sporting event; basketball, skateboarding if allowed, radio to dance with if girls are invited, set a picnic mood birthday party and have lots of cold drinks available. Lunch meat, cheese, condiments, chips and cold drinks, other favorite snack foods along with your cake/ice cream. OR go with ice cream cones with a variety of toppings with the cake. IF you buy a gallon or two of vanilla ice cream and another flavor, the vanilla put in the bottom of the each cone and other flavor on top actually compliments any flavors and tastes like it too. It's a way of stretching those special flavors of ice cream with vanilla. All you need are a couple coolers of ice for the drinks, lunch meat and ice cream. Happy Birthday! Have a good one.

January 16, 2008 Flag

I need help with some party ideas for my son that is turning 16 in February. He says sweet 16 parties are not just for girls. My problem is I have no ideas and every party we have tried to give him no one shows up for it.

annmariereinig from Beaverton, MI

If he is still having trouble making friends, try having posters placed around school for a summer party and go all out.

My 16th birthday is coming up soon in October but I don't know what to do I want 20 people to my birthday but we have a small house and low on funds please help I want it to be fun

Read More Answers...

March 27, 2011 Flag

My 16th birthday is coming up in May and I don't know where or what to do. I don't want a party because I would prefer it to be just me and my closest friend. Any ideas or suggestions with places to go on the sunshine coast or Brisbane area? Thankyou.

By Ashleigh-rose from Sunshine Coast, QLD

Hey, I'm DeMarius. I'm turning 16 this month. I still don't know what to do. Help me please. I just want it to be fun.

I am tuning sixteen on the 13/6/2012 and I am planning a party for my sixteen. I do not no where i what it to be. I feel like a Hollywood style. So, what can I do.

by Natasha Blake

Read More Answers...

September 9, 2008 Flag

I need assistance to plan a Boy's 16th birthday, Asian themed (not a 'sweet' 16). Decorations and games need to be cool, not child-like. What do 16 year olds want to do? He recently relocated and wants to make an impression of not being too dorky. I thought of hiding clues in fortune cookies to find presents? I'm making a cake shaped like Chinese take out and sushi sides (cake). Serving General Tao chicken and rice. It's an afternoon party in October 08.

Robin from Milford, CT

If your 16 year old wants to be cool, then it is a really good idea if he plans his own party with limited parental involvement.

I would decorate in red, black, and gold. Sounds like you've already got a good idea for food. Let him plan the party, it wouldn't be "cool" if his mom planned it, even if it's exactly what he wanted. Rent some kung-fu movies and help him find some cool Asian music.

Hope this helps,

Megan

Read More Answers...

September 21, 2013 Flag

My birthday is December 26th, the day after Christmas, that sucks because everyone will be home relaxing and enjoying their time with their family. I don't know what I should do. Can you please help me/give me options?

By Sheldon

Since it's on the 26th, why not wait a few days and have a big New Years party, that way, you can have all your friends together and it will be a cool way to open the year I guess.

September 3, 2013 Flag

My best friend is having his 16th birthday party after delaying it for way too long. I'm a girl so it's going to be a mixed party, but the thing is he's not into huge parties and the social aspect of things. He's more academic and his mother is not exactly open to him socializing and being out of her site for anything. Any ideas?

By Kendyll S.

Is there some sort of game that you all like to do? Teens I know enjoy playing games such as Monopoly or Trivial Pursuit. Perhaps you could have a games night (or afternoon) followed by a roasting wieners around a campfire and cake? What about minigolf? You do not have to have a big crowd -- six people including yourself and the birthday boy is enough for a start, and might be easier for him if he is not used to socializing and his mom is overprotective. Perhaps taking in a movie with a group followed by pizza at a favorite restaurant?

April 13, 2013 Flag

I'm turning 16 soon and I want to throw a party for a bunch of friends. Please help me. I need ideas, party themes, anything is helpful. Please. Think big! Thanks.

By Daniel F.

What about a 50's diner/sock hop theme? You could even ask your guests to come dressed to fit the theme. Party supply stores have a lot of inexpensive things to help decorate.

March 28, 2013 Flag

My son is having his 16th birthday in a couple of of weeks, and I want to do a Skyrim themed party. Any ideas on decorations? I am thinking of making him a PS3 controller cake. I am having a hard time finding anything on the internet. Any ideas and help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

By Tanyisha H.

There are dragons in Skyrim. I recently saw online somewhere a dragon cake...Look for dragon anything... Here is a site that can give you some major ideas for a Skyrim Party Just searched on google

http://www.questexperiences.com/quest2/products/skyrimparty1.asp

I hope this helped :) Enjoy your party it should be a blast.

Dahart

December 21, 2010 Flag

My son is turning 16 on New Years Eve! In the past we have delayed his celebration so friends will be in town, etc., but this one we can't. He does not have his license yet so we are not doing the car thing. Any suggestions?

By Marnina from Santa Barbara

I don't think all kids need a car on their 16th birthday, so kudos to you.

I'm not that familiar with California, is Santa Barara warm all year 'round? You might just have an outdoor party with his friends and a dj. Kids love parties with dancing, cake decorating contests, etc.

You could set up an area where kids can take pictures of themselves and their friends for memories.

Have fun!

March 27, 2011 Flag

I am turning 16 on Sunday and want to have my party this Friday. I have no idea what I want to do, but I want it to be just me and about 12 girls. I want it to be fun, but don't know where to have it, and I don't want it at my house. Please help.

By Paige from MN

Answers:

Looking For Places To Go On My 16th Birthday

You could go to a skating rink, have a picnic in a nearby park, go to a ball game or a movie together. Even just go out to dinner at a place you can afford. (09/07/2010)

By redhatterb

I like redhatterb's ideas. If you are adventuresome girls, you could give paintball or laser tag a try!

Personally, I'd go for a movie and then either ice cream cake at a Dairy Queen, or pizza and cake at a pizza place. Let the restaurant know you are coming for a birthday party so they will reserve a table, and order the cake ahead of time. Most restaurants will get one for you. And having the parade of cake with sparklers and singing waiters from the kitchen is always a hoot! (09/10/2010)

By louel53

Pizza party is good, do you have a Chuck E Cheese? (09/10/2010)

By knitter926

December 21, 2010 Flag

I have 5 kids, all of whom have their birthdays between January and April (twins included, who want separate parties this year, double whammy), so I am definitely on a budget.

My oldest, because he's the oldest, has kind of got the minimum the last few years and is turning 16 in April. I would really like to do something special for him. Anyone have any ideas? Also, his birthday is April Fools Day if that sparks any thoughts.

By momof5 from British Columbia, Canada

Answers:

Son's 16th Birthday Party Ideas

When my son was turning 16, we asked him what he wanted to do for a party. He really didn't have anything in particular so we gave him $100 for him and a few of his friends to go out for pizza and to a movie. Of course in Iowa, you can drive at 16 so this was a big deal to go by themselves.

The other thing you could do is arrange for a sitter for your other kids and tell your son you are taking him to dinner. Have some of his friends already at the restaurant and have a little surprise party for him. You could also do this at your house if you wanted. Good luck! (02/16/2010)

By CRMom

Son's 16th Birthday Party Ideas

Paintballing with friends
    Movies with friends
    Beach bday with boogie boards packed lunch and let the boys run around (02/17/2010)

By staygolden

September 7, 2010 Flag

My 16th birthday is coming up and I really don't know what to do. I want to spend the day with my friends but I don't know where to take them or what to do so that we can enjoy ourselves.

Ashleigh in Bracknell

Answers:

Bowling, miniature golf, the beach, picnic in the park, serve others by volunteering for Habitat for Humanity or a food bank. If it's all girls, go to a real tea house where you can order tiny sandwiches and drinks.

Have a traveling party. Go to one house for appetizers, another for salad, another for the main course, another for dessert, the last for a movie and snacks.

Go to one of those pottery shops where you pick an item, a plate, a mug, etc. and then you paint it. They fire it up and you pick it up another day.

Take a belly-dance class together. Or Tai Chi. Or Aikido. (09/10/2004)

By rabbithorns

I'm not sure where Bracknell is, but they have these great places called Gameworks. You buy a ticket and it's a sort of adult arcade. As in no one under 16 allowed in, and unless you're 21 you get booted at midnight. But they have great food, live bands and pool, arcade games, simulated roller coaster rides...it's like an indoor amusement park. And it's all for one price so no surprises. I hope this helps. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (09/10/2004)

By Suzanne S.

RE:Great places to go!

It depends where you are, for example America, Uk, etc. You can have a beach party, sleep-over (they're the best), amusement park, pool party, etc. Or if you want real fun, then go to a big amusement park with lots of friends and family. Afterward, go to a pizza place and then at the end, gather a few friends for a sleepover around your house with lots of popcorn drinks etc. and watch a great movie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (10/13/2008)

By UK Princess

Go shopping, see a movie, stay at your house and have some fun, or do something that you all like to do. (02/13/2009)

By Katie

February 16, 2010 Flag

It's my son's 16th birthday at the end of March. We've talked about having a DJ and/or karaoke. Any ideas?

April 17, 2007 Flag
    Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

January 15, 2007 Flag
    Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdaySeptember 16, 2012
    Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
    14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
    A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
    16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
    Cake with a 13 candles on it.
    13th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
    16th Birthday Cake
    16th Birthday Gift Ideas for Boys
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 26, 2016 at 12:04:18 AM on 10.0.1.72 in 666 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.