How do you carry your checkbook?

Ladies, do you prefer carrying a checkbook wallet or a checkbook cover? I read an article that indicated most women are dumping their checkbook wallets and simply carrying the checkbook cover. Seems like it is hard to keep things organized in my purse w/o a checkbook wallet. What do you carry?

Onesummer

When I did carry my checkbook, I went as my Mom did and carried it all together, seemed the right thing to do, most people want your id anyway (never print that on your checks). Now I rarely write checks so it's in a book at home, but I still use a checkbook wallet to keep my handy $1 planner from Michael's in it!

I do most of my checks at home to pay bills. I use Quicken.

I do have the small checks for when I have to write one outside. I simply keep 5 or 6 checks in my wallet with the bills and make sure I record the expenditure on a piece of paper so that I can record it at home.

Laine

well since i was mugged a year ago i really don't carry anything. i have my license in a pocket. then if i know i will need a check i take 1 with me.

I find that I prefer to carry my checkbook just in the plastic cover it comes with. I carry a mans' half fold wallet that is the size of a checkbook and has slots for credit cards as well as cash/receipts. This has been the best wallet I have tried and is easy to use. I also like the wallet that is featured on www.flylady.net it to seems compact and useful. I think they call this a european wallet.

I carry mine in a checkbook wallet. I seldom write a check anymore as I have a debit card that I can use as a debit or a credit card, and use it for most purchases. By carrying the checkbook wallet, I have slots for my driver's license, my Sam's membership card, my Kroger Plus Card, my Medicare ID, Insurance and all the other ID cards that are a large part of my daily shopping experiences. Another tip is that when you use your check card instead of writing a check, always put the receipt in your check register pages, so you don't forget to write in the expenditure when you get home. All it takes is to forget one entry or two, and pretty soon you are getting an overdraft notice from your bank.

Harlean from Arkansas

I made a checkbook cover from Capri Sun packets and made a pocket inside for drivers license, bankcard, etc. Works well for me.

When I used to carry my checkbook in my purse, I used a checkbook cover and then a smallish wallet. I do not care for the checkbook wallets myself....but after my van was broken into and my purse stolen, I stopped carrying a checkbook....period! I realized that I rarely write checks when I'm out anyway....I either get cash or use a credit card....I keep the checkbook at home where it's safe. We don't write many checks anymore because we pay bills online.

Ladies, don't be stupid like me and lock your purse in your vehicle. Also, don't carry tons of credit cards and just lots of stuff in general. Do not take things in your purse that you would not want to be without if they were stolen. I also had little photo albums with my kids' pictures....some of which were the only copies....that's what I hated losing the most!

Debbie52

I used to drive a schoolbus and carried my driverslicence, credit card and one folded check in a small quilted coin purse, then I would slip it in my bra. I had no problem.

Organizing AdviceFebruary 20, 2007
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Applying for a Passport, US Passport on White Background
Applying for a Passport
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
🎄