Will Cantaloupe Ripen in the Fridge?

Will cantaloupe ripen in fridge? I thought it was ready, but it wasn't completely ready. Just the inside edge about an inch was green. It was as big as a bowling ball. The last time we grew cantaloupe we left them too long on the plant and they exploded from the heat we have. I didn't want this to happen again.

By morbetomommy from KS

I would leave it out on the counter, not in the fridge.

I purchased a ripe cantaloupe and one not so ripe to cut later. I placed the not so ripe cantaloupe in a big brown paper bag and kept it in the house where it was cool. I cut it a week later and it was delicious and very sweet.

Putting it in the fridge will stop all growth and ripening. as she said below, leave it on the counter, it will start turning orange within a couple days.

I thought they should be left out also. When I worked in a cafe I asked the produce delivery man if they would ripen in the fridge. He said they do. I still don't really know as I and my dog eat mine to fast to find out.

Selecting Cantaloupe at a farmers market
Selecting a Good Cantaloupe
Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitJuly 26, 2009
Several different types of cut melons.
Freezing Melons (Cantaloupe, Crenshaw, Honeydew, And Watermelon)
Cantaloupe With Cottage Cheese
Cantaloupe With Cottage Cheese
Cantaloupe Dessert
Cantaloupe Dessert Recipes
Sliced Cantaloupe
Storing Cantaloupe
🎄
🍂