Recipe for a Gluten Free Cake

I need a good recipe for a gluten free cake, to bake for my wife. She has a gluten allergy. The mixes for gluten free cakes are terrible. Does someone have one to share?

By David from Norton, OH

I went to the Google search engine and found a gluten free cake mix.

One of the ingredients in the cake mix is xantham gum. Call a health food store in your area and see if you can buy it. If not you can buy it from this website:

That's very nice of you to bake a cake for your wife. Enjoy!

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a year ago and have been experimenting using this flour recipe. I have substituted it for regular flour in a cake recipe and also some cookies. I found this recipe on and it tastes much better than the flour mix you can buy.

2 cups Rice Flour

2 Tbsp. Tapioca Flour

1/4 cup Corn Starch

1 tsp. Xanthan gum

To make self rising flour, add 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder and 1/2 tsp. salt per cup of flour.

If she likes Angel Food Cake look at April 13, 2010 posting for the Gluten free recipe. This cake is delicious.

July 21, 20100 found this helpful ... Ntt=gluten+free+cake&x=0&y=0

Here are a couple more from King Arthur flour.

My son was diagnosed with Celiac disease about 2 months ago so eating gluten free is still very new to us. We're managing well (thankfully) and it's not as hard finding good recipes on the Internet. We buy our gluten free products on Gluten Free Palace and they also offer some great gluten free recipes on their website. I think you should browse through them and find a nice cake recipe from there. The Boston Cream Pie is a personal favorite. :)

Gluten free carrot cake.
Gluten Free Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJuly 19, 2010
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes