Removing a Wall in a Basement

I'm planning to (cheaply!) renovate my basement, which is finished. I need advice on how (if at all) I can remove a small wall (made of fake/plywood wood paneling) without having to remove all or part of the suspended ceiling that is partially attached to this wall.

My plan is to prime and paint the wood paneling, install new lighting (track), and buy new designer ceiling panels. Is there a way for me to "cut" out this wall?

Terry from Washington, DC

The most important question that must be answered first... is this wall supporting things above it? If so find another project. If not you might try using 2x4's to make a frame to support the tile while you do the removal. Also another important thing to note... any electrical wires in here? Be carefull.

I have a wall in my shop 20 x 17 that is 6 feet from the back wall (17) and i wan to remove it. I want to place a 2 x 10 beam on both sides of the wall. Put a post in at 2 feet from each end and then take out the wall. Will this support the roof.

Please email me an answer with the specification for the beam -- to ger_will AT yahoo.com Thanks

Man Remodeling a Basement
Remodeling a Basement
Home and Garden Home Improvement BasementAugust 25, 2008
Organized Basement
Organizing and Cleaning the Basement
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Bucket catching leak.
Cleaning Up a Water Leak in Basement
unfinished basement
Removing Odors from a Basement
🎉
🎄