Cleaning a Glass Stove Top With Sugar Cubes?

I am looking for info for cleaning glass stove top with sugar cubes. Need info on how. Suppose to be able to remove burnt and messes, without scratching.

Jo from CT

Be very careful. I had a glass top stove, and it was great, but the instructions warned to immediately clean up ANY split sugar on the surface, as it can cause pitting and damage. Also, never use any type of abrasive pad or cleaners, as this will damage the surface. I used a product called Crema Brite avaliable at hardware stores and some groceries, but it seemed like it was mostly lemon juice and paste. I would try making a paste with baking soda and lemon juice. This should not hurt the surface, but try in a small spot. Use a washcloth or soft rag to apply and wipe clean.

Cleaning with a sugar cube is one of the cheapest, easiest and best ways I've found to clean the surface of a glass cooktop. Always try your best to clean up messes as soon as possible. (Sometimes its best to wait til the stove top cools a bit though, as I have melted cloths on the element before and it's not fun to clean that off) so what I do is a dampen a wash cloth with super hot water and wipe down the whole surface.

Just enough to make the top damp, not wet. (If its too wet the sugar cube just melts away.) Take note of the stubborn stains and scrub the cube over those areas until completely cleaned away. For clean up of the sugar on the surface just use the same clean damp cloth to wipe it down. It's that easy. For day to day cleaning of lighter stains I use Cermabrite (not sure of the spelling) with the scrub pad privided or just a regular cloth. Hope this helps!

Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesOctober 12, 2006
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Hand holding orange sponge cleaning glass stove top
Homemade Cleaner for Glass Top Stove
Glass Top Stove
Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove