Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Ideas for Adult Princess Ball Party

I'm turning 21 in January '08. It's the huge birthday to celebrate in England. Anyway I've always said I wanted a 'Princess Ball' for my party and all my friends love it. I'm thinking pinkness, formal wear, tiaras, red carpets, champagne etc.

Its a childhood dream and 21 is where you turn into an 'adult' so to speak and I want to go out living 1 last childhood dream! I just wondered if you had any ideas to make it more memorable (decorations, etc.). Thanks so much for your help guys!

Kimberley from UK

By

By (Guest Post)09/06/2008

I just have to wish you a happy birthday because January 8th is also MY birthday. One famous person who was born on January 8th was a king -- Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n Roll! His favorite colors were pink and grey, so maybe you could incorporate those into your Princess Ball theme.

Beverly in California, USA

By Coreen Hart [73]09/06/2008

If you're having couples, get a male friend with a loud, great voice to announce the guests at the door as they arrive. Put him in a red velvet jacket. Powdered wig optional. :-)

By Coreen Hart [73]09/06/2008

Have manicure stations! Do each other's nails (hands or feet). Unless you invite men as well. Not sure how that would go over.

By Sue (Guest Post)09/05/2008

Oh this sounds wonderful.
Rental shops here in Canada rent Arbours with tulle (fancy netting) all through them for weddings. That would be pretty.

Myself and a couple of other ladies were in charge of a Women's group at our church, and once we had a Cinderella theme evening. It was so fun. Some came as Cinderella, some the ugly step sisters, one came as a pumpkin, one dressed as the Princes shoe helper with a velvet pillow and a pretty shoe. And of course we all had to try on the slipper. It was a hoot.

There is also a fun Rindercella story - some of the words are said backwards. I would love to hear how it turns out :)

By susan winship [4]09/05/2008

Silver goes well with pink. I don't know how christmas is celebrated in England, but if there are sparklie decorations on sale for the holidays, they could work...also, if you are near a city with bulk or wholesale fabric, you might find lame' or silver net or pink fancy fabric for not as much as in a regular retail store...same for flowers--a floral distributor would have better prices than your neighborhood shop. Ask friends and relatives if they have any fancies set back in the attic.

By Cyinda [214]09/05/2008

It would be super-cool if you could find (or make) some "magic" wands that light up with either LEDs or those glow sticks.... (like star shaped magic-fairy-princess wands)

HERE'S SOME WEBSITES THAT SELL LED PARTY SUPPLIES:
http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/
http://www.global-b2b-network.com/b2b/87/29/402/page5/

*These web sites are TOTALLY AWESOME & you'll get a BIG kick out of them! ...I like the way you can buy things in bulk.

By Debbie (Guest Post)09/05/2008

I think your "Princess Party" is a great idea. You could buy large bolts of cheap red fabric and tape it to the floor/steps with double side tape. Also a resale shop/ Craig's List/Ebay are good places for cheap formal dresses. Also maybe a music school could provide music for dancing at a cheaper price. Go for it....You only turn 21 once.