5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Last year at Christmas time, I needed something to give out to 16 employees. I looked for something personal and affordable. I had seen the 5 minute chocolate cake recipe and had made one. It was simply delicious and way too easy to make.

Time was running out so I gathered all the ingredients, and made up pouches to go into mugs I had bought at a local salvage yard really cheap. I added the recipe tag and gave each girl a mug with a Christmas theme on it for a gift. I added some cute Christmas themed clip art to the tag and some darling curling ribbon bows.

This is probably the cheapest gift I have ever given anyone. I got lots of wonderful comments on it. If you would like to try it, here is the recipe and the tag to add to it.

• 4 Tbsp. cake flour
  • 4 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 1 Mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Put into a baggie and tie shut. Put the baggie inside the mug and give it a little curling ribbon or decorative bow.

On a tag add the following: To this mixture add one egg, 3 tablespoons milk, and 3 tablespoons oil. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

Top Comment

I love this idea. I'll use it for the holidays. Lots of little gifts needed. They'll love this at school (or anywhere). Thanks

A very quick and easy pudding. This has been doing the email rounds for years.

I like this recipe, but I wonder could you use regular cake mix?

What size coffee cups do you recommend?

Chocolate mug cake garnished with a sliced strawberry
Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes ChocolateAugust 31, 2010
Coffee Mug Jam
Making Coffee Mug Jam
DIY Sharpie Mug
Plain white mug for coffee or tea.
Decorating a Mug
Chocolate Mug Cake
Coffee Mug Cake Recipes