Removing Tattoos

Now that I am older, they don't seem to fit into my lifestyle anymore so I am wondering: Does anyone know of a quick way to remove a permanent tattoo besides laser? Its so expensive!

Thanks for your help.

Pam from Milwaukee, WI

The only safe permanent way to remove it, is lasers. There is special makeup for covering up tattoos, you can check into that. I have heard of people doing some really dumb stuff to try to remove tattoos themselves, and they usually end up with a big nasty scar. Good luck

My son has some bad facial scars from an accident and has used a product called Dermablend coverage makeup. It works very well. You can buy it online although I bought his in a retail store in a shopping mall. Check it out online. (Do a google search on Dermablend makeup) It shows examples of covering a tattoo and other scars and is used by men and women.

I've heard about this stuff on the radio call Wrecking Balm. Check out the website It is just lotion that is applied to the tattoo and slowly fades away.

Good Luck!

I tried using goo gone and scotch tape, the goo gone took them right off. My son had them all over his face and belly and the Goo gone did not bother his skin

Editor's Note: Goo-gone is not designed for use on skin, and contains petroleum distillates.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceMarch 15, 2007
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Temporary Tattoo
Making Temporary Tattoos