Store Honey Bottle in a Mason Jar

I buy the plastic squeeze bottles of honey at the grocery store and they always drip and leave a "honey ring" in my cabinet. So here's a great tip. Put the honey bottle right inside a mason jar or other jar that it will fit into. No more honey drips! The drips stay in the jar and with a lid on it, the bugs and ants aren't attracted to it!

By Tltrani from Boulder Creek, CA

Excellent idea! No matter how careful I am about wiping off my honey bottle, I seem to get it on the floor of my cabinets. Thanks for a great tip!

I employ the ants to clean up those drips. I wasn't going to eat that dripped honey anyway. You might try raw honey. It's almost a solid and never drips.

Before putting my honey back in the cabinet, I wash it good with a cloth and hot soapy water, then rinse. Then I set it in a disposable small bowl (I use the foam type). It collects any drip that may still happen and is easy and inexpensive (I buy them at the dollar store) to replace when and if the drips do happen.

I like femdyk's reply. So, ditto!

I do the same thing with oil bottles. *I* always wipe the lip before I re-cap the bottle, and wipe the bottom before I put it away, but hubby never does. So, a drip-catcher saves the cabinet floor. I use the lid from a margarine or sour cream tub, they come in a variety of sizes.

Storing Honey
Storing Honey
Food and Recipes StorageJuly 9, 2010
Mason Jar Candy Dispenser
Making a Mason Jar Candy Dispenser
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
mason jar snack dispenser
Making a Mason Jar Snack Container
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎉
🎄