Mvelopes Budgeting System Reviews

This is a guide about Mvelopes system reviews. Mvelopes is a home budgeting system that is based on the old envelope method of home finance where you stashed your money into different envelopes to last until the next pay period.

Does anyone use the Mvelopes system for spending and budgeting (mvelopes.com)? I understand the concept and have signed up for the free trial, but I am just wondering if this has worked for anyone else?

Kelly from DE

I tried it and thought it was too complicated for my budget. Too much stuff on there I did not use. Now I just use a notebook and pencil to divide my allocated monies up.

It took me a few times to get the system. I had been using Microsoft Money for about a year. The FABULOUS thing about MVELOPES is that its really hard to "doctor" your finances without screwing everything up. It really forces you to be truthful with yourself. And I really like that money you spend appears RED. It makes me not want to spend.

It took me a while to get the hang of it, but now that my hubby and I use mvelopes together, we actually live within our means AND we are paying down debt faster than we ever have.

I love the free support, you can pop up a chat window and get help whenever you need, and the customer service tends to be great!

I have been using mvelopes for about 3 months now and I would never go back to quicken again. It helped my wife and I reduce our monthly costs by 40%. Just Amazing. Granted it has a some what steep learning curve.