CommunityBetter Living

Share Your "Buy One Get One Free" Purchases

If you take advantage of the buy one get one free option (when it truly is a bargain) offered in some stores, why not think about sharing the second one with an elderly neighbor trying to live on a fixed income, or the family down the street who's trying to make it on unemployment through job loss?

Sharing works both ways, and you never know when you may need a helping hand yourself.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Plus, don't forget those coupons when hitting the BOGO sales, for even more savings.

Anonymous

How wonderful for you to share this idea with others and especially for mentioning helping those who are struggling!

There are a few of us in my apartment complex that do this and it's wonderful! We also share things like: One neighbor will get a head of cabbage but knows she can't eat it all before it spoils so she gives me half. I love spicy sprouts but know I can't eat them all before they spoil so I give her half ;-) It's wonderful because she's putting three children through college and I am recently disabled and barely get by. And many of us give extras to a woman in the complex who is disabled with no one to help pick up the slack and even had to sell her car because she couldn't afford the insurance :-(

Anyway, Bless your heart for being verbal and sharing the tip!

What a great thing to do. If more people would care about one another, that would make life better for a lot of people. Keep up the sharing!

I use to do this with my mom, I would buy two, get two free, give her one, still I saved & she did also. I had the family, she was living alone. She would divide in portion for herself, made it easy & everyone came out ahead. Even today, that is how I try to do my shopping.

What a wonderful, thoughtful & caring thing to do!