Rock Salt vs. Salt

I would like to know if "rock salt" will work in the homemade weed killer recipes that call for salt. Or is table salt the best choice?

Thanks for your time!
Becky from Reno, NV

Not sure about 'rock salt' but I used Sea Salt and it really gummed up the holes in my watering can! Next time I have weeds, will heat some vinegar and put the salt into it to help it dissolve. Recipe works great as my 20x40 foot dog pen is now grass and weed free - just pea stone!

No need to add salt, a vinegar/water solution will kill the weeds without the addition of salt.

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsJune 7, 2007
growing plants in rock walls
Growing Plants in Rock Walls
Homemade rock candy.
Homemade Rock Candy
A large crowd in front of a nighttime concert with bright stage lights.
Saving Money on Concert Tickets
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 1:12:29 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.