Chemical Reactions Between Cleaners

Is it safe to use several of the great "Homemade Steam Cleaner Solutions" posted on your site? It is amazing the amount of great posts received regarding "Homemade Steam Cleaner Solution". I'm anxious to try each and everyone to see which I like best.

If I spray Hydrogen Peroxide on the spot where my dog just threw up on my carpet, is it safe to clean the whole carpet with another product like vinegar, or Oxi-clean, or LA Awesome, several hours later? Is there cause for concern of mixing products once the area dries?

These are questions I've had for years. I really don't want to "OD" my family, friends, or pets because I am ignorant as to what will mix or not mix with products used prior to my present cleaning project. Once the carpet is dry should you have concerns about products used next to clean carpets? Thanks.

By suzyspinkmoon

Answers

The best thing to do is Google searching when there are chemicals you want to mix. Just Google in something like "Is it safe to mix hydrogen peroxide and vinegar" or "Is it safe to mix ammonia and bleach". For each question dozens (if not hundreds) of helpful links will show up and you can easily read through a few to determine what, when, why and how :-)

Household Cleaners
Dangers of Mixing Household Cleaners
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 29, 2009
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Green Cleaners
Homemade Natural Cleaning Ideas
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
🎄
🍂