Scented Doily Sachet
Whether you make one for a linen drawer or to hang in her car it is sure to please. The big decision will be how many to make for yourself.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 2 doilies same size
- 1 red chenille stick
- 24 inch red yarn
- red buttons or beads for each point
- 1 cotton ball
- essential oil
- needle and thread
- scrap of red plastic or cardstock
Lay both doilies wrong sides together, pin at each point.
- Weave a circle with your chenille stem around the doily in a circle half way between the bottom of the points and the center of the doily. Leave an opening to insert your cotton ball.
- After inserting the cotton ball complete the circle. Pull the ends even and form a heart with the remaining ends.
- With your needle and thread attach your buttons or beads at the points.
- Make two arrows following the pattern or draw your own. Glue them together.
- Make a bow from your yarn and sew it and your arrows in the center of the doily.
- Put several drops of your choice of essential oil on the cotton ball from the back.
- If you plan on hanging the scented doily, I would suggest you starch them before you start. Add a string of yarn for hanging.
By Ann from Loup City
January 19, 20140 found this helpful
Looks great as always Ann!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 11:46:37 PM on 10.0.2.63 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us