Downsize the Saved Magazines

For those magazines you just can't throw away, now is the time to downsize them.

Go through them and honestly remove only the pages you need (not want), put them into an empty photo album, so you can see what each page offers. Organize them into categories, crafts, gardening, etc.

If you are like me, I gather recipes for some day and print out many ThriftyFun recipes, those all go in the front pocket folder, when I try them the ones I want to keep get their own pocket or out they go. If I really like the recipe I copy it onto a recipe card that fits my card box and pass the printed version on.

Now comes the fun and hard part; trade the rest of the magazine with a friend for her magazines by different companies. Only one needs to buy the magazine and both get the articles. Copy the ones you both want or need!

By Ann/latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Oh, I need to listen to your advice on this one! I have way too many of boxes of magazines with recipes and crafts in them. I so badly want to get rid of them for the space, but , my magazines! Honestly, there are so many, that I can't even find anything very easily. I think what I might do is take out sections, like Christmas cookies, and organize them into binders, and get rid of the rest. I can always find the recipes online.

I subscribe to one magazine that my daughter also really likes so instead of ruining the magazine by tearing out what i want what I started doing is when I find something I really want I scan it into my computer. I then give the whole magazine to my daughter. with what is in the computer I can print out as many as I want (say a recipe or craft I think someone else might also like). I have folders for all these different things baking, crafts, decorating ideas in my computer. Saves on paper and clutter! This is also great when I take a magazine from the library and find a craft or something i really like.

I too scan my mags or the craft books I buy second hand, then donate them back or share with other crafters.

You all might want to explore digital versions of the mags. Woman's Day has it, and if you visit you will find a lengthy and interesting list of mags you can subscribe to digitally.

Keep in mind, you can't copy or safe from them, (unless you just write them down), but you can save up to 60% of the cost of paper mags, plus all the trees and space in your home you are saving at the same time.

I will be posting this today, so go through those mags, scan to your hearts content, or rip and save, then recycle them. If the mags are hole, donate them to the local senior center.

Stack of magazines and newspapers.
Organizing Magazines
Organizing Clutter ControlJanuary 7, 2010
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Stack of Magazines
Saving Money on Magazines
Christmas bows made from magazines.
Making Bows From Magazines