Finding a Lost Cat

My cat got out before the big snowstorm. I have been told to put out strong smelling cat food and a clothing item of mine. This will hopefully give him a direction of where he lives. Does anyone have additional ideas?

By Joyce from Pittsburgh, PA

Quickly! Put a "Lost Cat" add in the pet area of Craig's list & your local newspaper or nickle add (with you area posted) these are usually free & call all the local vets & animal shelters & leave your phone number & a description! Also, hang lost cat notices on the poles of mail box's in your area. Cover the front & backs or these notices with clear tape or have them laminated to keep out the weather. You cat may be in someone's home or in a shelter...

I once found my cat stuck under my house & he couldn't get out because of the lattice, & I found my neighbor's cat in my garage. He was gone a whole month, but after one month, he was skinny, but okay. I would have never known this was my neighbor's cat but he came next door & asked if I'd seen it, so be sure to talk with all your neighbors, just in case! Ask your neighbor's to look in their garages & under their house! If you do find it, put a quick-release collar & tag on it.

Great advice by cyinda. Your kitty is very close to home. be sure to check any small buildings, under the house, any holes a cat could possibly get into. Any traps in the area? Keep in touch with neighbors.

Don't give up looking! I just heard about a local family who found their pug, who had gotten loose before the bad weather. A group trapping feral cats to have them fixed actually caught him in one of their traps after several weeks! He was hungry and dehydrated a bit but fine and glad to be reunited with his owners. Good Luck!

Finding a Lost Cat
Finding a Lost Cat
Pets CatsMarch 1, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
Finding a Lost Relative, Genealogy Study
Finding a Lost Relative
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door