Share Crafts

Mix Cheap Wine With Kool-Aid

Now that my child is in college we have had to cut back on expenses. Mixing cheap wine with Kool-Aid (even the big gallons that only cost about $15.00) tastes really good. I only drink red wine, so I am not sure about whites. I get the best results by keeping them both cold and easily mixing one glass at a time. Also, I use sugar-free, store brand Kool-Aid, and save more money plus lots of calories!

By Judy from Memphis, TN

Best CommentPost a Comment

This comment has been rated the best for this article.

By Judy 14 35 11/03/2009

In regard to mixing wine with kool-aid, I have had the best results with store brand sugar-free raspberry. Burgundy is fine_I usually buy Carlo Rossi Chianti. I've even mixed it in the blender as an added ingredient in various fruit smoothies and it ended up great for Sunday brunch.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kathryn Visser 18 115 10/30/2009

Thank you, my husband uses some of the worst red wine ever, and when I added some raspberry sugar free tube, and his wine finally tasted good! It took away that somewhat vinegary flavor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Maria 1 17 11/02/2009

Thank you for sharing, what a great idea! Have a great day. mvb

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By susan winship 4 405 11/02/2009

In the summer I mix the cheap wine with diet 7-up, add a slice of orange or lemon and have super wine cooler. This is a great idea for parties//put in a punch bowl with a sliced lemon and/or lime and maybe some strawberries.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sally 16 222 11/03/2009

(submitted via email)

Will this work with a heavy/hearty Burgundy. My spouse loves is Gallo Burgundy but I don't care for any wine except Riesling and I've never been able to find it as cheap as he does his Gallo. What flavor of Kool Aid or Crystal Lite do you think would go best with Burgundy?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jess 127 749 11/03/2009

My sister in law used to mix red wine with cola for a similar effect, I think. I got too many headaches with the cheaper red wines so avoid them now. :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kathryen 8 68 11/03/2009

Thanks for the Great Info on mixing wine with Kool Aid. My spouse will be much happier if I join him in having a glass of wine every evening.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 11/04/2009

I have a decent wine to suggest, although it, too falls into the "cheap wine" category. Try Mogen David's Blackberry wine, and you might be able to save on the Kool-aid - this wine is sweet in itself. My hubby won't drink anything else, and a fairly good-size bottle (about a magnum) costs about $11 or $12 at our local Kroger. You might have to search for it, though, they tend to hide it on the bottom shelf.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jose McCloskey 2 11/04/2009

Thanks! I'm always willing to try anything once, and so I will try this.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jose McCloskey 2 11/06/2009

For Previous feedback of mixing cheap wine with 7up. I tried it and it was much like a light wine cooler_and anyone who has ever purchased wine coolers knows how expensive they are.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Gwen 5 07/03/2010

I add sprite zero to red or white wine to reduce calories and you won't drink as much alcohol. Great recipes.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment