Helpful HintsFood Tips

No Time to Fry Bacon Everytime

When ever I have leftover bacon at breakfast, I put it in a zip lock baggie, date it and store it in the fridge. The next time you scramble eggs and don't have time to fry the bacon you just crumble it up while it's still in the baggie, microwave it for about 15 seconds and scatter it over the eggs. There you are, eggs and bacon when you're in a rush.

Jenny in KY

I go ahead and cook the whole package of bacon and then layer it with wax paper between layers in my tupperware bacon keeper. This goes into the freezer and is real convenient to take one or two pieces at the time when bacon is wanted. Just put the slices in the pan when the eggs are almost done and the bacon thaws and heats and tastes like fresh cooked!

I bake one pound of bacon at 400 degrees in foil lined jelly roll pans for 10-12 minutes. Just watch it doesn't burn. Drain on paper towel lined plate. What we don't eat -- I put into a freezer bag. It doesn't freeze together, we take out only what we need.