Browsing: Making a Fleece Scarf

Fleece Scarfs for Christmas

Go to the fabric store, and buy one yard of pretty fleece, preferably in a neutral color. Ask the sales person to cut it in 12 inch increments. Take one of the cut pieces, lay it out, and trim off the ends. Then make fringe about one inch apart, six inches long on each end. Tie a knot in each fringe. Now you have a nice, pretty scarf to give as a gift. Duplicate your efforts on the remaining two pieces. You now have three Christmas presents to give, at a cost of under 10.00!

By Gloria H.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I liked your idea about the scarfs! I was wondering if it would work if you made slits in the scarf and wove a different colored fleece through it. Maybe making three slits horizontally all the way down the scarf. Measuring to make sure you had an equal amount of slit to weave through so they would come out even. Just an idea. I think I will go to the fabric store tomorrow and give it a try! Thanks for the idea. Linda Horn

how much will it cost to make a scarf with this design

Why didn't I think of this?

Holly

how do i keep the sides without the fringe from unraviling. email fiestyz28 @ msn.com (remove spaces). thanks gloria.

Just wanted to let the poster above know that fleece does NOT ravel. This is a great idea for the scarves. My sons think the crocheted ones are itchy.

This is a great idea but would be nice if a picture was included...

Woman wearing a fleece scarf.
Making a Fleece Scarf
Crafts Christmas GiftsNovember 25, 2004
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
A hat made from leftover fleece
Making Fleece Hats
Three Fleece Blankets
Making A Fleece Blanket
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 12, 2016 at 7:14:28 PM on 10.0.2.191 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.