Cool DrinksBeverages

Making Your Own Soda

There's an article about saving money on 'soda pop' also about making your own 'coke'. I couldn't find the 'how to's'. Please tell me how? Thank you.

N

Usually you have to buy a Co2 cartridges with a dispenser, but here's a totally different way, you make the soda pop the same way you'd make champagne, by using champagne yeast:

http://www.home  x?CategoryID=106

Another, much easier (but not much cheaper) way is to buy Sparkling water, or club soda then add any flavoring syrup (like concentrated Hawaiian Punch) or for an even better drink, I like to add frozen concentrated Orange-Mango juice or concentrated frozen grape juice to the club soda. It's not only tasty & refreshing, but also good for you! You can also add those flavoring syrups they add to coffee. They are $6.95 each:

http://www.flav  orani-syrups.htm

Another place to get supplies is www.pointbrewsupply.com They have everything you need to make homemade soda in deifferent flavors. One of my fondest childhood memories is of making rootbeer at home in a big crock and then bottling. The wait for it to brew made it taste that much better when done.

Check out www.sodaclub.com. They have CO2 cartridges and dispensers along with the syrups for cola, root beer, and so on. You can also use syrups poured into club soda that you purchase in bottles, but that's more expensive than using www.sodaclub.com to make the sparkling water. They have their own version of Dr. Pepper (I can't remember what they call it), but my famiy didn't like it. The cola is good and so is the root beer. The orange and other fruity flavors were okay, but not that great. For those flavors, we use Torani syrup that we get at the restaurant supply store that is close to us.

Since I am diabetic and concerned with the use of the artificial sweetner aspartame, and can't tolerate Splenda, I make my own diet soda, with tea.

I use half tea and add liquid artificial sweetener to taste and fill my glass the rest of the way with sparkling water. I like it just as much as any cola I have tried yet.

A dispenser, my girlfriend uses them for her family and they love it! I'd love to be able to muddle some berries and make my own berry soda (with a splash of vodka for adults who like it).

http://www.kk.o  hives/001818.php