Removing Paint From a Woven Reed Chair Seat

I was given an old rocker. The seat is made of reed i believe, wider than cane and just woven. The whole chair has been painted brown. Could someone tell me how to get the paint off the seat. I can just repaint the chair but would like the seat natural.

Jo Anne from NY

Answers

I've just started doing some furniture re-finishing and I might just have a little help for you. I've been using this orange (supposed to be nicer to the environment) paint remover that you can spray onto your furniture. The directions specifically say that "it works on painted wicker, too." My next piece to do is wicker, so I'm going to try it. The problem is, I'm not at my home so I don't have the name of the product - but it's orange, in a spray bottle and I'm sure the word "Citrus" is in the product name!

Good Luck!

(Also check with your local hardware - hopefully, you've got an old-fashioned one where the people really know what products are out there -these folks are INCREDIBLY Invaluable.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingApril 27, 2005
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Crocheted Chair Seat Cover
Making a Crocheted Chair Seat Cover
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 8:47:54 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.