Adding Glitter To Dress

I would like to add glitter to a dress. I am going as a fairy godmother for Halloween and I am using a prom/brides maid dress made of polyester and nylon. I don't want it to look tacky but just a little extra flare to match my daughter's costume.

Michelle from Campbell, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

There is hairspray that has glitter in it which you could spray on the dress.

They make a spray glitter that I've had kids use on paper snowflakes. Don't know why you couldn't use it on fabric. Maybe yoiu should test it on a scrap first. I ordered ours from a school supply but I'm sure a craft store would have it.

They sell spray that is intended to go on fresh flowers, it add's a very fine touch of glitter. Very small glittler flakes (since it comes out of a spray paint can), but holds fairly well, it won't stiffen fabric quite as much as others will, since the flower petals are still soft after use. I can be founds at Micheals crafts I believe.

There is spray glitter that is made to be used on cloth. You can find it at Hobby Lobby or any other craft store. I used it when making costumes for my daughters variety show.

Consumer Advice Clothing DecorateOctober 1, 2008
Body Glitter
Making Homemade Body Glitter
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Glitter
Making Homemade Glitter
Glitter Tubes on White Background
Working With Glitter
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:37:47 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.