Rain-X For The Shower

One of the best things to use in the shower to help keep away the soap scum build up and mold, is Rain X. Yes, you would normally use it on your windshield, but if you use it in your shower, it has the same effect. When the water hits it, it just beads up and rolls down.

By Becky from Sw. Creek, MI

Note: Don't apply to the floor, it gets very slippery.

Can you tell me what Rain-ex is and does anyone know if it is available in Australia (or its equivalent)

Thanks

Be careful not to apply to the floor of tub or shower. It gets very slippery.

Can you tell me if there is something like it in the UK? We don't have a car so not sure what to look for or where. Thanks

I never thought of this!! Thank you for this post! Being 8 months pregnant this is a great idea. I don't have to strain to clean so hard!

There are at least a couple of products out to protect your shower from accumulating scum. They work very well . One is called Shower Shine.Another is called Tilex fresh shower. Once you have cleaned your shower very well, then you spray it with the product( including the shower curtain ). After that you spray it after each shower. It really does the trick!!

CAn anyone tell me how to REMOVE rain x. My briliant husband put it on our new whirlpool and now it is coming off, onto our bodies.

Geesh.

Thank

August 4, 2011 Flag

After years of trying every product advertised, buying from those companies who make big promises and cost 3x as much money, even asking a building janitorial company, I still couldn't find a way to keep the shower clean and mildew free without scrubbing doors, walls, even liners (for the times I didn't have glass doors). Nothing worked well except for me scrubbing every week to get rid of build up, water spots, soap build up, or just scum

Having lived from midwest, the south and all over CA, it's a different problem depending on where you live. A problem, no doubt, and a never ending job. Going through a car wash on the way home, I came up with the most time saving solution. It started raining and I watched as the rain beaded on the car. The car was cleaned and sprayed with a wax. Which is exactly what I did with my bathroom problem. It's that easy, too.

Starting with a clean area, whether it be the doors, walls or even the shower liner, always start with a clean surface. Then go over it with furniture spray, even kitchen oil works. You can use car wax, but I have found it's too much energy when the regular citrus furniture spray I use elsewhere is so easy to apply. I found myself out once and that is when I discovered that cooking oil worked fine too.

I spray and wipe. It dries clear and nothing sticks to it or builds up. I never have had to scrub mildew or soap scum since I have used this. Reapply whenever you deep clean. If you do a regular once a week cleaning, you finish with the oil/wax. EASY! Take the extra time you used to use scrubbing and enjoy something you would rather be doing.

By Luana M. from San Diego, CA

Ok, Luana, I've tried every other suggestion on this site - now I have to try this one! Wish me luck!

@mom of towers. It really works! And good luck!

I definitely am going to try this. Thanks for the tip.

That is one of the best solutions I've heard in a long, long, time. Mildew and hard water are two of the reasons I took my shower doors off and put up a shower curtain. It was just easier to take the curtain down and throw it in the washer with the towels. I'll be using this tip ASAP. I have to share it with my mother-in-law too. We have had many discussions about that very subject. I've gotten to where I keep a pot scrubber in my shower. When I get done with my shower I use my foot to move the scrubber around to get rid of soap residue. With this wax tip, I'll never have that mess again. Thanks!

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomMarch 2, 2007
Green Rain Barrel
Make Your Own Rain Barrel
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄