Muscadine Wine

This is a homemade wine recipe from Old Germany. I use muscadines from my neighbor's vineyard. It is easy to make but requires patience.

• 1 gallon fruit of choice, put in blender to pulverize
  • 1 gallon of distilled water for each gallon of fruit
  • Ad
  • sugar
  • 1 egg in shell

Directions:

Blend fruit in blender. Put in large crock or stainless steel container. Add one gallon distilled water for each gallon of fruit juice. Add one pound of sugar for each gallon of juice.

Nine days later: strain and add one pound of sugar per gallon of juice.

Eighteen days later: strain again. Add ONE egg in shell to juice. Slowly add sugar until egg floats to the top, then remove egg.

Nine days later: strain through fine cloth. Put in bottles and enjoy.

By Carolyn from Springville, AL

Editor's Note: Here is a wikipedia entry on Muscadine grapes, if you are unfamiliar with them

Questions as it relates to the "homemade wine recipe from Old Germany". 1st question after you mash the fruit add the distilled water should you cover with linen, cotton or cheese cloth, also should you stir the mixture, if so how often?

2nd question, how does the fermented mixture looks. For example, after 4 days of sitting covered, I can smell the fermented mixture and it looks like brown gump, seeds, pulp and skin has floated to the top. Am I on the correct path?

3rd question, explain what is th e purpose of the egg. is this a raw egg or a hard boiled egg?

This is my first time making homemade wine. I need a bit more information and description if possible. Many Appreciations

1. Cover the container with a cloth. 2 The hulls and mixture has a dull grey color 3. each time it is strained it gets more clear. 4.The egg is raw. 5. soon after you start the mixture it has a fermenting odor .

September 15, 2009 Flag

Who has the best tasting homemade Muscadine wine recipe? My Muscadine vine has gone into turbo mode and I don't think I need that many jars of jelly so I thought I would try my hand at making wine! So, now I need a good easy wine making recipe! Who has my winner recipe?

By johnsgirl

Answers:

Muscadine Wine Recipe

You can find many wine recipes online http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/plants.asp
(06/19/2009)

By FrankG

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages AlcoholSeptember 15, 2009
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄