Model To Get Professional Photos for Free

Need a gift idea for the man in your life? Check your local paper or craigslist for ads looking for models. Often it's a photographer looking to expand his portfolio. For a couple hours of your time, he photographs you as he needs for his portfolio and then gives you some copies for free. I found one that wanted to do pin-up girl style which my guy loves! Autograph it like the star you are (maybe add a lipstick kiss to it!) and give it to him in a great looking frame.

Of course use caution. Take a friend with you for security and if it feels hinky leave. I've never had a problem though and have been treated with a great deal of respect by the photographers.

By Acceptance from FL

Another serious word of caution is to never sign a release form to a photographer giving him/her right to those photos! If they are on the up and up they will not even ask you to sign anything and just give you a few photos for your own personal use and say thank you for helping me!

Not only can these photographers profit on those photos by selling them to anyone who wants to use them however they wish if you do sign a release, horror upon horror, one day you might find your face chopped on to someone else's naked body with no legal recourse :-(

There are scum out there who will do anything to make a buck and that 'dirty little secret of the trade' has been happening for decades under the ruse of, "It helps my portfolio!" :-(

Think they would need an almost 70 year old for their protfolio? LOL.........joking!

Yes, can't be careful enough. You could contact a tech college who has photography and ask for the same things. Since it is a school, it has more rules to follow. Prices would be reduced as well. My son had their engagement photos done by a student in progress. Got the samples as part of the class, able to choose what they wanted, spent about $10 in all for their experience. Prints were additional fees.

I would be so careful about the craigslist photographer, with all the issues of ADULT behaviors being sold on it, you could end up someplace you don't want to be.

Those that keep saying FOR FREE! Don't abuse the budding student by screwing them out of a fee. They all know how to take photos, just appreciate what you get by paying a decent fee.

No way.

Professional Portrait Photographer
Saving Money on Professional Photographs
Better Living Frugal Living TipsMay 17, 2010
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Model Railroad
Making Your Own Model Railroad Structures
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters