Magazine Subscription Ideas for 10 Year Old

I would like some recommendations on a magazine subscription for my soon to be 10 year old daughter. I was looking at what used to be National Geographic World (I think it's National Geographic Kid now), but the reviews I read from people complained it was mostly advertisements.

She is not into Barbie, kind of likes Disney, big into Webkinz and plays what I think is called a DS something. Any suggestions are appreciated. I want to get her a subscription for her birthday.

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN

When my daughter was 10 my mother subscribed to "Cat Fancy" magazine & still to this day she enjoys reading it. (she is now 30).

If she isn't a big cat fan, then a magazine dedicated to a certain horse (like quarter horses or appaloosa's), dogs, soccer, kids crafting, origami, easy jewelry making or anything she'd enjoy doing or trying. Is there a Reader's Digest type of magazine made for kids?

Yeah, when I was a kid (I now round up to 40!) it was World magazine. But that's gone. I really enjoyed that magazine, too. Cricket magazine was a good one, too. They've greatly expanded since I was a kid. My daughter is younger, and she gets Spider magazine. Here is a link with a chart showing their various magazines; what they focus on, and what age groups: http://www.cricketmag.com/kids_home.asp

My daughter also reads Highlights, although I don't know if a 10 year old would still be interested in that. Best of luck -- hope you find the perfect magazine for her! :-) Lisa

My daughter is 10 and she likes the Disney magazines. She is also very much into Club Penguin online and we have a monthly subscription for that, so she can play her video games (it's 5 dollars a month, I think). Maybe your daughter would like that as well?

You can also go to Focus on the Family.com and they have great gifts for kids of all ages!

Ah, my 10 year old daughter enjoys the "American girl magazines" not the ones with the "dolls" advertisements, but the ones with crafts and party things like that. Kids these days!

It was a tradition in our family for our grandmother to get us a subscription to Reader's Digest once we became "good readers". I still covet that subscription. It is the only magazine I have consistently read for 30 years.

Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayNovember 20, 2009
Magazine Holders
Alternative Uses for Magazine Holders
Recycled Magazine Wall Art
Recycled Magazine Wall Art
Uses for a Magazine Rack
Uses for a Magazine Rack
Magazines
Making a Magazine Purse
🎄
🍂