Removing a Brown Stain on Cotton

I made a French hand sewn dress for my daughter, 26 years ago. It is a light lavender color and cotton. A small light brown spot is on it. How can I get it out for my granddaughter to wear?

By Melinda from MS

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It's impossible to get rid of that stain since it is now permanently set in the fabric. I read this idea somewhere in covering a stain, is there a way to sew a pretty applique over the stain to conceal it?

I used lemon juice and place the dress in the sun for a couple of hours, most of the stain came out. I then tried the vinegar, as was suggested here, and it finished getting it out. Thank you for your help!

I use vinegar to remove stains from a white evening gown, apply it several times ,put in sunshine,i f that don't work, if you have a piece of that fabric left you can cut out the stain & sew the fabric on the under side or get an iron on patch to mend it, good luck.

Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Stains on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 18, 2010
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 1:06:32 AM on 10.0.2.58 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.