Removing a Brown Stain on Cotton

I made a French hand sewn dress for my daughter, 26 years ago. It is a light lavender color and cotton. A small light brown spot is on it. How can I get it out for my granddaughter to wear?

By Melinda from MS

It's impossible to get rid of that stain since it is now permanently set in the fabric. I read this idea somewhere in covering a stain, is there a way to sew a pretty applique over the stain to conceal it?

I used lemon juice and place the dress in the sun for a couple of hours, most of the stain came out. I then tried the vinegar, as was suggested here, and it finished getting it out. Thank you for your help!

I use vinegar to remove stains from a white evening gown, apply it several times ,put in sunshine,i f that don't work, if you have a piece of that fabric left you can cut out the stain & sew the fabric on the under side or get an iron on patch to mend it, good luck.