Wear Leg Weights While Cleaning

Whether you are cleaning house or just lounging, wear wrist and ankle weights for mild exercise.

By MarJae from Kingston, NY

I really need to start doing that, thanks for the tip!

April 5, 2011 Flag

I've learned that I can't do it all in a day. So on those days when I am going to do my larger house cleaning projects, I wear leg weights instead of doing a work out routine. The leg weights have removable weights in them, so you can start out at one pound on each leg and work up to 5 if you want. You barely notice a difference as you clean. I'm up to 3 pounds on each leg. I'll also wear them for food shopping (under long slacks) for an hour, run errands for an hour, then come home and put things away. By the time I'm done, I take the weights off and feel like I can float. As a bonus I sleep more soundly on those nights than any other nights. You can't even feel that you are burning calories. These weights are available at Target, K-Mart and Walmart stores. I'm 5'6 and am able to stay at 130 pounds. Not bad at age 52.

By patioelf from Ewing, NJ

Answers:

Wear Leg Weights While Cleaning

Patioelf, this is an excellent way to multi-task, lol! (09/15/2010)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
People Exercising
Finding Time To Exercise
Health & Beauty Fitness AdviceApril 5, 2011
Woman with a Leg Cast
Underwear to Wear with a Leg Cast
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
Woman with a leg cramp.
Remedies for Leg Cramps
An older man working with a trainer at home.
At Home Exercise Ideas
🎉
🎄