Thaw Frozen Foods Instead of Preheating Oven

A few years back I decided that pre heating the oven seemed like such a waste. Well, I developed my own theory. Anytime I bake frozen foods, such as frozen dinner, pies, entrees and pizza, I take the frozen item out of the freezer 20 minutes before I would put it in the oven, I remove the carton and all wrapping.

After 20 minutes and multi tasking other things, I turn on the oven and pop in what I wanted to bake, it has worked out perfectly for me, Every time! The cooking time was as noted! The trade off of the frozen item thawing 20 minutes is not having to pre heat the oven and causing a higher utility bill! I had tried various times but 20 minutes is dialed into a science here! Try it!

By Missy MM from Ohio

I agree. Once in a while I buy Walmart's small frozen lasagna and I thaw it first, then bake. I've never had a problem and it cuts cooking time way down. :)

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 17, 2010
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:54:59 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.