Making a Pull String Piñata

I have raised 3 children and have made several different things shaped from paper mache - including pinatas over the years. I've made Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Mario, a partial model of the Grand Canyon, etc. Now I have granchildren. My grandson really likes the movie Cars. He will be 4, and the party will be inside, so I was trying to come up with a 'pull string' method for cracking it open, instead of the bat breaking method. I need some fairly simple ideas for Lightening McQueen. It can't be too big, because I'll have to mail it out of state. I'm planning on using a 'flat rate box' to save on shipping. His birthday is on 03/18/07. Has anyone heard of a pull-string pinata? Any ideas?

Mary from Homer, AK

Hello mary,

I have done a few pull string pinatas but only from store bought ones. I would use a sharp knife to cut a hole in the bottom of the pinata,but leaving the piece still attached ( like a small door).

Then you poke holes with a pencil, from the bottom of your (door) all the way through .You then thread long pieces of curling ribbon, up and through the (door) so they loop back down.Thread as many ribbons as there are children. You can use any color ribbon you want, or mix the colors. You then tape the ribbons on the (inside) of the door. fill it up with toys and candy. Then to close the door tight you need to tape the door closed out of the same color tissue paper & invisible tape, but not too tight .only enough so the candy won't fall out before it's time.

I hope I helped ,good luck!

gladys10

I agree with Gladys10, I bought one for my daughter on Ebay because we also had an indoor party, it was really fun!! I stood up on a chair and held the pinata white all the kids grabbed a string (or two) and then they pulled and the goodies went everywhere!! It is just trap door (flap) and the strings are attached to it so when you pull the candy falls out.

Crafts Paper Papier-MacheMarch 4, 2007
Pizza Pull Apart Recipes
Pizza Pull Apart Recipes
pull start mower
Repairing a Lawnmower Cord
Large Homemade Butterfly Pinata
Making a Butterfly Pinata
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread Recipes
🎄