Make Frugal Soft Drink with Lime and Sweetener

My husband has been good enough to drink store bought 2 liter sodas instead of the more popular brand names. He is very frugal. I have finally done him one better. I have been making my "soft" drink with a lime squeeze and adding the 'healthiest' artificial sweetener to water.

I prefer lime, but lemon would do for those who like it better. I am looking forward to a bumper crop of limes from my friend and neighbor, which will be even cheaper and probably better! I am hoping that my husband will come around to this idea as those 2 liter sodas are really heavy and always on the top shelf!

By B.J.Baughman from Palm Coast, FL

Great idea! After I found out that in India they use coca cola etc for pesticides as they refuse to drink it as it contains so much pesticide in it; after I found out the horrors of aspartame; I opted to go for healthier items myself!I get bottled organic lime juice and lemon as well; I add the water to it, and raw cane sugar. It is so much better; have read on here re dehydrating tomato's and then making it into powder; thought of trying the same with limes and lemons and even oranges. Then it seems it would be simple to make far healthier drinks like Kool aid etc for the kids and grandkids!

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesOctober 5, 2010
Slice of Key Lime Pie on Blue Plate with Fork
Key Lime Pie Recipes
Using Lime Leaves
Using Lime Leaves
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg