Pea Picking Cake

This cake will melt in your mouth. I even typed it up and put in our Clemson Master Gardener Cookbook we just published. It is called Pea Picking Cake. It is easy to make and a huge hit with all! There won't be any left!

Ingredients

Mix These 2 ingredients together then add

Directions

Mix Well; cook in layer or tube pan at about 325 degrees F for 40 minutes.

Icing for above:

Directions

Drain Pineapple; add all ingredients together and mix. Spread on cool cake. Enjoy!

By Karen from Summerville, SC

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Hi Karen,

I think the 12 oz of oil in that cake might

be excessive. Please check your recipe for us,

and let us know.

I have a cake called "Pig-Picking Cake" which is

very similar...Here is the recipe for it if you're interested. I think you'll like it too.

Pig Picking Cake

INGREDIENTS:

1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix

2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple

1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour (3)

8 inch pans.

Prepare cake mix according to package directions with the addition of mandarin oranges and nuts. Pour into the (3) prepared 8 inch pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool layers on wire racks.

To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple with juice and pudding mix. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread between cooled cake layers.

Chill in refrigerator

Merry Christmas,

Julia in Orlando, FL

The Recipe (the oil amount 12 oz is the right amount) and the Name of the cake is correct. I have made it a million times. And I rechecked the recipe. It is a wonderful cake, not for anyone on a diet, but a very moist cake. Enjoy! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

Karen from Summerville, SC

I've had this cake before, Great!!! You won't be disappointed with it. Especially nice for Summertime gatherings, bridal showers, church potlucks. So easy and delicious!

Comment

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesDecember 22, 2005
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Picking a Christmas Tree
Picking a Christmas Tree
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
finished flower
Sweet Pea Crocheted Flower
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 1:02:16 AM on 10.0.2.143 in 641 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.