Microfiber Fabric on Couch Looks Hairy

I have a black microfiber couch and it looks like I have little hairs all over it from the fibers coming out of the material. The place I bought the furniture from said it's not a manufacturer's defect, but that's the way it's made. So now I have what it looks like little hairs all over my new furniture. What can be done?

By tlguy1 from Belleville, MI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Maybe "shaving" the furniture would work. Use a battery powered lint shaver, a large one. I have a small one made by Singer, and it still works great after at least 10 years. You might have to do this again and again, because the fabric will continue to "shed".

I would try contacting the manufacturer directly instead of the retailer. That does not sound right. I have a microfiber couch and even with 4 cats a dog it is NOT hairy! The retailer probably doesn't want to be bothered unless you want to buy a new one.

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 30, 2011
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:07:49 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.