Making a Ceramic Tile Trivet

My son is getting married soon and I wanted to decorate a tile to use as a hot plate and also some for coasters. What would you suggest for decorating both and sealing them so the paint/decoration is not damaged? Can you put stickers as a decoration on them then put something on top to seal and bake them? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

By Lil from FL

I believe they make paint markers that would work. Try asking a near by crafts type store or search the web online on Michael's Crafts Store. I think your answer will be determined by whether or not the tile you have is already sealed.

Hello Lil, I did a tile trivet using a black 'n white picture printed on regular paper, from my personal photos. I tore the picture a bit larger than the tile. I carefully burned the edges for effect. Then using Hodge Podge I painted some on back of the pic. Using a boning tool, I smoothed out air bubbles. When dried, I put a coat of Hodge Podge on the top of the pic. You may want to use something more durable if using a lot. I then used a dry paper towel wadded up and blotted the wet surface. This gave it a cloth like texture. You can use cork board for back to prevent marring surfaces. I used a 4 x 6 white tile. Hope this is of help to you. Peace<3

Finished trivet.
Making a Trivet
Crafts Home DecorJune 26, 2010
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
coiled folded paper trivet
Making a Folded Paper Trivet
Painting Ceramic Tile
Painting Ceramic Tile
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄