Iffy Sue (Cat)

I have many many photos of my Iffy in my room, but do not have the tech stuff to show you. I named her Iffy because when she came to me, she had been hit by a car. My former husband knew a vet. He took her in and she was treated. When he brought her home, all she could do is lay there. I nursed her back to health. Ves tacked on the name Sue and she became Iffy Sue (Iffy because we didn't know if she would make it). In time, she recovered and then got some other nick names, like: if, iffy sniffy, if sue, sniffy, iffy suzie, snif. She knew all of them.

Cats are really cool if you know how to understand them. We really bonded. She went on walks with me. When I washed the car, I groomed her with my wet hands, removing spent fur. She loved to be brushed with a tender brush, including face and teeth. We communicated, don't know how you'd understand, but non verbally. She slept in bed with me and when she wanted to go outside would gently paw me to wake me.

Here's the tear jerker part if you are a cat person. I had to move to Arizona, which is good but not without my Iffy Sue. She is now about 15, she would not survive the trip and cannot live here with all these rules. So I turned her over to a cat sanctuary. She cannot go for county walks or the stuff we always did, BUT I couldn't leave her in a cage. She is now about 17 and has diabetes. They say she has shots and special food. I'm sure they are taking good care of her. They are good people. I know when I turned her over, she thought I abandoned her and that part is something I can't get over.

By Pamela

Editor's Note: Normally, we require a photo for all our pet entries because people really like to see the different breeds and types. We made an exception in order to share IffySue's story with the ThriftyFun community.

What a sweet story. I'm so sorry that you and Iffy Sue had to be parted but I'm sure they are taking the best care of her. When my mother passed away, there were a number of pets that needed homes. There were a couple of cats that were really too old to adjust to a new home and we found them a place in a sanctuary in the Pacific NW. A few of us have been out to visit the cats and they seem well cared for and happy.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I didn't even know they HAD cat sanctuaries. What a wonderful story and thank you so much for sharing it!

Pets Pet PagesOctober 28, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume
🎄