Don't Store Rolaids Near Soap

Here's a tip I learned the hard way. I don't have a lot of room in my bathroom so I have some of those shoebox size plastic boxes, one for each member of the family and a big one for miscellaneous stuff. Well, for some reason, I stuck my rolls of Rolaids in the box that also contains extra bars of soap. Well, you guessed it, the chalkiness soaked up the smell and taste of soap. I had heartburn the other night and popped a couple in my mouth and it tasted like I had just said a bad word in front of my mother. So just be careful where you store your Rolaids.

By Christi from Paducah, KY

Thanks for this hint, very helpful!

But I just HAVE to ask, did your mother threaten to wash your mouth out with a Rolaid? ;-)

LOL... I did something similar a longggg time ago.

I thought I'd put a deodorizer in my ref. you know the stick up kind? well, what I thought I bought is not what I ended up putting in my ref.

I was making a sandwich the next day, and the bread tasted like vanilla and flowers! Now I just put a box of Arm & Hammer in the ref!

I don't remember how often it happened, might have been only once, but I still remember the taste of that Lifebuoy soap my mother washed my mouth out with. YUCKKK! I think after that the threat was all she needed.

Health & Beauty AdviceJanuary 15, 2007
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale