Happy Founder's Day From ThriftyFun

March 9th is Founder's Day here at ThriftyFun. Our founders, Susan Sanders-Kinzel and her sons, Fletcher Sandbeck and Lewis Sandbeck started publishing their first website in 1997. The original Coupon Clipper was later changed to ThriftyFun in 1999. We have been sharing tips and questions for 15 years and are one of the oldest frugal living websites online.

Susan passed away in 2008. Although we have made many changes and improvements in the following years, we all still miss her leadership and frugal spirit. As March 9th was Susan's birthday (a date she shared with her sister Sally, one of our recipe editors), we have officially declared it Founder's Day. Thank you to all of you who have helped make Susan's dream of an online frugal community into a reality.

Here is one of our very first posts on ThriftyFun, written by Susan, we hope you enjoy it. We have also included a post about Susan's passing. There is also one about the history of ThriftyFun, posted in 2008. It needs some updating, but is an interesting look back at the many faces of ThriftyFun.

Sure do miss you mama.

I know how hard it is to lose your mom. Lost my mother over 20 years ago but I still keep her in my heart. Remember all the good times. Dorothy

That woman certainly made an impact on the world! I am so thankful for thriftyfun and all you have continued to do. Thank you!

I'm still here! I was just thinking of the day on Internet Scrabble Club when a fellow scrabbler told me about thriftyfun.com

I haven't seen her online since and have forgotten her name but I will NEVER forget thriftyfun!

I was posting something that I thought "What would Susan do" and found out she had taken her leave. I miss her and never even met her. But she emailed me personally sometimes and that is epic in itself.

You have done an amazing job of keeping her legacy alive. I will be a member till I forget what a computer is...all because of her.

Poor But Proud

Thanks so much, Sandi! We all miss her terribly but I know she would be proud of the site and her growing grandchildren. I remember your "What would Susan do?" post and how much it touched all of us in such a sad time.

http://www.thri  7198011.tip.html

I never had the pleasure of knowing Susan, personally or through this site, but I wish I had. I think she and I would have hit it off wonderfully. From the photo you've posted, I have to say "what a friendly face and smile".

She would have loved chatting with you and all our newer members. It was such a blow to the ThriftyFun community when she died in 2008. This is her legacy and we are all so proud to be a part of it.

Susan has left such wonderful foot prints. By looking at her picture she looked like cheerful happy person. :) Amazing how one person can add so much sweetness and positive impact to many people's lives ! Rip, to the friend I never met.

Love,

Kim

Susan Sanders-Kinzel, the founder of ThriftyFun.com
ThriftyFun's Founder's Day
Happy Man Using PC Laptop
Keeping Your PC Happy
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
May Day Flowers
Celebrating May Day
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 2:32:41 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.