Garden: Surprise Results

Breaking the rules of photography can capture some glorious surprise results. Like shooting into the sun when photographing your garden beauties.

By Gloria from Scottsville, NY

I just love pictures that come out accidentally; like the ones that if you sat for hours, you still couldn't have gotten that exact shot. That looks very nice, like a shower of sunlight. Great job. Carole

Thanks, Carole. I thought it would be ruined by pointing into the sun, the way I've always heard you should not. It might have something to do with my digital camera that has a close-up feature on it. But I prefer to think it was "divine intervention". Now all I have to do is crop that half of a guy out of the background. Sorry hubby. :)

Gloria, OMG what an absolutely beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing, I'd enter that into all the contests I could find. It is a masterpiece.

Gorgeous! It looks heavenly!

This photo is beautiful! I didn't even notice hubby until you mentioned it ;-) He's easily cropable, and I am sure he won't mind if you win a few contests because of it ;-)

Thanks everyone, for your kind words, but really, it was a fluke. I never shoot into the sun. Though I will be trying it again since I've seen what can happen.

The contest idea sounds pretty good. Anyone know of a few? ~gloria

I just Googled 'photo contests' and there are a whole bunch of them :-) Just be sure to read each ones rules to make sure the photo wouldn't end up being 'an exclusive' (I mean you are limited to only submitting the photo to them) on their sight ... There was one about four down from the top for a $6,500.00 prize !!! I didn't read the rules but check out at least the first dozen :-) Good Luck and let us know how it turns out :-)

Gloria, What a beautiful picture! Thanks

WOW - this is a fantastic picture! Great job!

WOW amazing looks mystical or magical.

Go to picture.com

They have a photo contest that I enter every 3 months. I have had several photographs published through them.

I really think your photo would do great!

I would be sure to read all the rules of a contest, because with most you sign away your rights to the photograph if it wins or not! Then they could make money off of it, not you.

English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Photos CraftsNovember 13, 2008
Woman Dressed as Lara Croft Pointing Gun
Making a Lara Croft Costume (Tomb Raider)
Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dragon Costume
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄