Warning About Pets and Roomba

This is a warning about using a Roomba when you own a pet. My son's friend programmed his Roomba to run while he was at work. He also owns a four-year dog. His dog was completely housebroken and has never had an "accident" in his house except for this one time. Sometime before the Roomba was programmed to run, his dog became sick and had diarrhea. Roomba spread it throughout the two carpeted rooms. It ruined the Roomba. He had a big surprise and big mess to clean up when he got home from work.

By mkymlp from Northeast PA

Wow! I can't even imagine coming home to that. Never even thought about the possibility. Very good warning, thanks.

I also have a Roomba and pets. I've had my Roomba for about 6 years now, and recently upgraded to a newer one because I love the robot so much. I have mine programmed to run at nite while I sleep. I wouldn't even consider running it while not at home. Since I'm home, albeit asleep, when it's running, if something happens I'm there to hear and can take care of the problem right away.

My pets, 2 small dogs and a cat, have all learned to move out of Roomba's way when it's running. Now all they do is gather up their toys and move them to another room when it gets going.