Tips for Restless Pets

Here's a tip for your restless pet. If it's nap or night time, and your pet won't sleep or rest quietly, put on very soft music in the room your pet is located. Remember not too loud and make sure it is soft relaxing music. Your pet will sleep like a baby.

By Sharon from McGehee, AR

Oh, I agree. When I leave for work I turn on the classical music station for my pets.

It also works on a 12 hour car trip to Atlanta which we make twice a year. They will settle down and sleep most of the way ... soft music playing :-)

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

First step is to make sure they are treated for fleas. I use Advantage, it's been so hot here this last month. I give my dogs a bath in the evening, add soothing balm on their feet and massage it in. The nights I do this, they sleep like little angels. I also keep chews on hand as a way to keep them busy, I buy them from sitstay.com.

I believe the best thing to help a dog sleep is exercise. A tired dog is a happy dog!!!

It's been so hot here in Florida though that I don't dare take my dogs out. Even with water available, it's just too risky to walk them. As soon as the weather cools down a bit we will start walking again.

Exercise is the best to calm down a puppy /dog. If your unable to go outside, find a favorite toy and play catch or make up a fun thinking toys such as using a Cookie and 3 pieces of paper or even small boxes work and make your dog try to find it, hide a piece under the paper or box and ask him/her to "FIND IT" just like a puzzle toy which can be purchased at pet stores. Dogs love to use their minds.

Even cutting a slit a Tennis ball and putting a cookie inside or dog food is a fun game.

I do this with all my 4 Lhasa Apso and being a breeder I also do these games with the puppy's. Discovery games are really fun for Dogs/Pups as then being rewarded with lots of love, they aim to please.

I have a 4 month old puppy she is now peeing in her bed at night. I crate her have taken her to vet to be sure not a infection all came out negative. Please any ideas.

Try a wind up clock in bed with the pup. The ticking mimics it's mother's heartbeat.

Restless Dog
Tips for Restless Pets
Pets AdviceAugust 4, 2006
Traveling With Pets, Dog with Lei and suitcase
Traveling With Pets
Cat in Garden
A List of Yard and Garden Hazards for Pets
woman trying to sleep
Home Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome
Dog at Vet
Spaying or Neutering Your Pets
🎉
🎄