Paint Color Advice for a White and Gray Kitchen

Khaki is the color of my living room that runs into the dining area (big rectangle) and then L-shape into a galley kitchen. Kitchen cabinets are white, counter top is slate gray, floor is light gray. I have an arched window over the sink between the cabinets. No backsplash exists because I tore off the old tile and am not sure what to do.

What color tile or paint combination should I use to compliment the existing colors? The arch is deep and looks out into the lanai. I thought of putting up tile, 4 inch, with a row of peach and dark gray or black and maybe paint peach or dark or light gray on the wall? or maybe use a row of blue or dark blue or just paint it? The arch is big, but you can't tell by the picture and I need to paint or tile it inside and out, 2 colors? Arrgh, I'm so confused. Please help?

I want to show both sides of my kitchen (included second photo). I'm just wondering what color I should paint my kitchen and/or what color tile to install for the backsplash?

Color challenged in Florida.

By Janice from Venice, FL

Any color will go with those colors, including the Khaki. They are all neutral colors. So do whatever flips your trigger, colorwise.

Having black 4x4 tiles as my kitchen backsplash (and hating it), I can only suggest that you go with the suggested white subway tile. The black makes the kitchen extremely dark. All of the colour suggestions sound great but before painting any of them may I suggest that you go to your local Home Depot or Lowes and pick up "several" sample paints to try on your walls to see which one you like best before purchasing the gallon(s) to do your painting.

They are relatively inexpensive and you'll get a better idea of which one you like best without having to paint an entire wall to do so. Good luck!

Have you considered using a bright color like red? If you don't want to go that bright, you might try another deep color like burgundy or deep green, try the paint swatches up against items in your kitchen and see what looks best. It also might be nice to add bright accessories, that would als liven it up.