Roach Repellent

Away with Pesky Roaches! If anyone should have roaches in the kitchen/house, it should be me! Life is difficult for the organizationally impaired! A friend shared this tip with me in 1974, and I have been roach free since, in rental properties, and in my own home for the past 25 years. This is the "Solution".

Get powdered boric acid (available over the counter in the pharmacy). Add approximately 1/4 cup boric acid to 3 cups of water. Boil in a saucepan until the boric acid is dissolved. When the solution has cooled, put in a spray bottle. Spray the boric acid solution on all surfaces inside empty cabinets (sides and top as well). Allow to completely dry and put in shelf paper before replacing items in cabinets. The boric acid that coats the surfaces under the shelf paper will dehydrate any roaches and most other insects and will keep them away!

By Kay B H

Is boric acid safe for humans and pets? I have allot of sensitivities and am concerned that the boric acid or vapors will get on my dishes and food products.

Boric acid, (or DIE swimming pool filter powder), mixed with nutritional yeast (powder.... instead of beer, which they love), with butter or grease or olive oil. make into a paste or balls. Put it everywhere. They will die, but it may take a couple months to get all the birth cycles.

Use Cayenne pepper to repel them away from utensil drawer ....... AND UNDER YOUR BED AND AROUND THE BASE OF BEDPOSTS!!!!!! (especially good for apartment when you can't really kill them in the whole building but need to keep them away from YOUR apartment!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not put the boric acid where humans or pets can reach, but roaches usually hide in spots they can't reach. If you mix it with oil it won't become airborne and shouldn't be a problem.

Nice. I learned a lot. Godbless!