Uses for Coffee Cans

Re-use metal coffee cans and lids. My grandfather used coffee cans to store nails, bolts, small screw drivers, and other tools. The cans kept the moisture out and kept things organized. They can also be used to store small containers of oil, etc. and sandpaper.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

I have two uses for coffee cans that are a bit unusual, but they sit proudly in my kitchen. I make a small hole in one plastic cover and put all peelings (from carrots, potatoes, celery etc and dried, egg shells) into the compost bin. The other has a large scissor cut in the plastic cover for a huge ball of yarn that I use in the garden. Put the end of the yarn through the hole and it pulls out without difficulty.

Coffee Can Bird Feeder

Get a coffee can with a plastic lid and clean it thoroughly. Any size can be used.

Make three or four evenly spaced holes in the sides of the can, near the bottom. You may use a bottle opener for this.

Drill holes (or use the bottle opener again) to make two holes across from each other at the top of can...thread a wire or string through so you can hang feeder. Fill with seed, put plastic lid back on and hang! Chickadees love mine! I'm sure you could also attach a tray at the bottom somehow to catch falling seeds.

These are all great ideas! I should definitely use the compost idea.Thanks for sharing! : )

Uses for Metal Coffee Cans
Uses for Metal Coffee Cans
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Coffee Can as Pencil Holder
Recycled Coffee Can Crafts
🎉
🎄