Look for Candles at Thrift Stores

Thrift Shops can be a good source for candles! I am burning up my stock over the holidays and snagged some decorative ones in my thrift shop wanderings, good ones, too.

The tapers may be slightly damaged, used or, in my case, a bit melted out of shape at the top - but those are problems easily fixed with trimming. And I got 6 brand new good red hand dipped candles for about $2. The better candles do burn better. (Tea lights can be a good deal at the 99 cent store and elsewhere - look out for them.)

By Pamela M.

There is some danger in using cheap candles. I burn less now. Please see

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Dange ... urning-Paraffin-Candles&id=73414 or search more info about dangers in using cheap candles. It surprised me too.

I think it's important to be careful about the kinds of candles you buy. I've started to switch over to soy candles and also beeswax ones. You can find cool ones at your local farmers markets or online. I like to get mine at the farmers markets because they are all natural and it's cool to support the community.

Saving Money on Candles
Saving Money on Candles
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJanuary 20, 2009
Shoes at a Thrift Stores
Buying Shoes at Thrift Stores
Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Thrift Store
Southern California Thrift Stores