Recycled Sweater Gift Bag
Turn the sleeve of an old sweater into a personalized gift bag. Place it over a canning jar filled with homemade soup, layered cookie mix, or some homemade goodies and you'll have a warm and cozy gift for a friend or shut-in!
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- old sweater
- needle and thread
- 26 inch length of ribbon
- 2 or 3 coordinating buttons
- canning jar with lid
- cardstock for tag
- colored marker
- Cut about an 11 inch length of sleeve off of sweater (starting measuring at cuff and going up.)
- Slide sleeve over jar with cuff at top of jar.
- Use needle and thread to slip-stitch around cut edge at bottom. Pull thread tightly and knot to secure.
- Remove sleeve from jar and set aside.
- Fill jar with soup, layered cookie mix, or homemade treat of your choice.
- Place lid on jar and slip sweater sleeve back over jar. Gather sleeve above lid and tie ribbon around top into a bow.
- Cut a tag from cardstock and write a personal message on the tag, such as "Get Well Soon," or "Happy Birthday."
- Use needle and thread to attach buttons to front.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
March 1, 20100 found this helpful
Fantastic! I love it, what a great idea! One could buy old sweaters from the Goodwill, Savers or garage sales to make these adorable gift bags! Thanks for sharing.
March 8, 20100 found this helpful
You did a great job! Very nice!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 17, 2016 at 10:13:48 AM on 10.0.2.226 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us