Exercises for Flabby Arms

I have a flabby arms and can't wear Sandos and other half sleeve tops. Please, can someone suggest some exercises for upper arm toning?

By Alisha

I use fixed dumbbells and do 3 sets of 10 repetitions (bench presses) 6 days a week. This will definitely get rid of flabby arms.

You didn't mention how much you weigh.

Oh, sorry, I m 22 and my weight is 50kgs. How do we do it on dumbbells. I have a pair of it, but really don know how to use it. I'm really sick of my flabby arms.

What worked for me was to slowly cut out any processed food from my diet - and replace it with fresh fruits, fresh veggies and whole grains. If you can afford it - the organic version of all the above foods has the most flavor ( try a taste test!) - and vitamins..most important - throw out any food with high fructose corn syrup in it - or just plain fructose - that stuff is poison!

Then if you have a ymca or community center that has yoga classes - try a beginning yoga class. if you have a friend you can bring with you, you'll be more likely to stick with the program. just in case you don't know, yoga is a wonderful way to stretch, tone and relax your muscles, body and spirit. you don't have to twist your self into a pretzel as some people think. Also, check out yoga journal's on line web site - you can get most of your questions answered there!

Also Dr. Mercola has a web site that also has a muscle toning section. If you'd rather work with free weights - but I'll guarantee you that a 6 month/3xweekly yoga class & diet shift will change your life!

it changed mine and I'm so much happier and at peace with who I am. One of the side benefits I had no idea happens to everyone who commits to this kind of program! good luck!

If you can, sign up for a bellydancing class or get a video from the library. I've been taking classes for a couple of years now and my arms show the greatest results. A common pose is to hold your arms out at each side and hold them there. while you are using your hips and feet. You can sure feel it burn after not too long.

If you have a local community center or a gym, you might also try talking to a personal trainer. They can help you target the right equipment and exercises for your problem areas

Most women start with 3 pound hand weights ( one for each hand.) You can stand with your arms at your sides, holding the weights and raise your arms out to the side like a scarecrow, parallel to the floor ( don't raise them above your head.) Do that 10 times in a row. That is called a "set."

As you get stronger, do 3 "sets" of each exercise and then increase your "sets" to be 15 repetitions. You can also raise your arms, one at a time holding a weight, in front of you like a marching soldier....10 times per arm. You can do bicep curls where you just "curl" your wrist up toward your shoulder while you hold the weight with your palms facing up. I'm sure there are videos online or at a library too. And swimming is a wonderful way to tone arms!

Health & Beauty Fitness ExerciseMay 8, 2010
Woman Using Antiperspirant
Using Antiperspirant
Loveseat Arm
Re-Fluff Sofa and Loveseat Arms