Gardening: Butterfly Garden Art

Here is a butterfly garden sculpture I got in Ashville, NC last summer.

By kflocey from Gladwin, MI

Beautiful! I'd love to have one!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That is beautiful. Do you have a website or address to buy one? I live near you. I lived in Houghton Lake as of 2 weeks ago. I now live in Port Huron on the coast. Contact sassier299 AT yahoo.com

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I love butterflies, This one is beautiful! I was in Lake Lure NC ( which is very close to Ashville) last April for a reunion with my siblings. Wish I had seen this butterfly while we were out shopping. Every year we rent a vacation home and get together for a long week-end.

This year we are going to Soddy-Daisy, TN. My 3 sisters, brother and I are all spread out:

Illinois, Indiana, Arkansas, Georgia and Florida. This way we get to see each other at least once a year. Always have a great time.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Oh no fair I want one too! It is gorgeous, thank you for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How in the world is this made? Is it all one piece, plastic photo print of the lovely colors, iridescent threads, something else, or can you tell? Do you think it was machine or hand made? It's likely imported, since it's so lovely. Lucky you. God bless. : )

Reply Like this photo? Yes

P.S. As I look at it closer, it appears to be metal and air brushed or torched? The photo may appear a bit different. Are the edges laser cut metal or is the whole thing as light and airy as it looks? It's definitely attached to a spiral piece of metal for inserting in soil, right? What is it's approx. Size? I have only concrete benches, bird baths, and partial cement tiered fountains around my lawn, all "found", but nothing colorful and lovely like your souvenir. I know that tin can metal can be heated with a torch to make lovely colors, then sealed with clear glossy polyurethane for outdoor use. I do hope you know some of the answers and will share with us?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful

Reply Like this photo? Yes